Pre-Halo space armor

Since I must redo this thing, I'm a little torn. Should I create classic Buzz or modify it?

• Classic

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Modified

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Little of both

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No expanding wings for me. I determined that it would be too difficult to move around as is and images of kids being thrown to the ground or an October wind gusting me away were flooding my mind.

serveimage.gif

*ancient winds are disturbed and this thread rises a second time from the grave. Creepy, huh?*

I found a permutation of Buzz Lightyear that I want to reproduce:

rafael-de-guzman-buzz-lightyear-1.jpg
rafael-de-guzman-buzz-lightyear-3.jpg

Not sure who to give credit to for this.

I feel really bad it's taking me this long, but life does come first, and (*mumbled excuses*).

Anyway, I am making custom patterns for the torso, though I thought the Centurion armor with some modifications might make a good template as well.

So in thinking about the wings, I really like the idea of having them, but in practicality I think they will be a project in themselves, so for now I will not incorporate them.

In the undersuit realm I think gray clothing will do fine, and doing the torso part I think (bear with me) rings of foam about 3 or 4 inches tall, layered overlapping together with elastic, which will allow for flexibility around the stomach. I hope I explained that well enough.

I will make a separate post later about electronics, but I want to add lights (and eventually the wings).

Attachments

• rafael-de-guzman-buzz-lightyear-3.jpg
    rafael-de-guzman-buzz-lightyear-3.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 594
hi sean,
i had an idea for the wings and just threw a fast sketch to kind of show you my idea..... sorry i threw my twist on your drawing but cant help my self dang it. hope this helps some if guess right you will be using foam and if you use a rc servo motor it would be strong enough to open and close the wings. just my two cents..

Attachments

• 20200819_010319.jpg
    20200819_010319.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
  • 20200819_010315.jpg
    20200819_010315.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 162
  • 20200819_010325.jpg
    20200819_010325.jpg
    1,005.2 KB · Views: 166
when i get home from work i will draw out the whole wing how far do you want it to expand? and no they are like 10.00 for 6 of them here is a link to the 6 for 10.00

i used them on my iron man suit i had to open and close vents and armorment on the suit and i just used magnetic switches mounted in the finger tips to control the actions... the thumb had the magnet in it and the switches were in the tips of the fingers so when i touched a finger tip to my thumb it would make that one actuate ...

now how do you want the wing to extend like the buzz light year you had a pic of? or do you want it to go out to make the wing longer?

i used them on my iron man suit i had to open and close vents and armorment on the suit and i just used magnetic switches mounted in the finger tips to control the actions... the thumb had the magnet in it and the switches were in the tips of the fingers so when i touched a finger tip to my thumb it would make that one actuate

INSPIRATIONAL GENIUS!

And I didn't think of that type of wing articulation. I love it!

ow how do you want the wing to extend like the buzz light year you had a pic of? or do you want it to go out to make the wing longer?

I think the wings in the picture are awesome, but they will need to be compact when retracted so the wing is longer when extended. I'll try to sit down and figure out what they need to look like to work.

Last edited:
Progress! Woot wooT!

I came up with several drafts over the past couple weeks, and I think this matches the torso best:
15991028087325890779713101345094.jpg

So I made a template for the base, then another for the upper, green part.

The upper part was a little tricky because I had to cut an angle in it without making a seam. Unfortunately I didn't think to take pictures, but here's the seamless angle I cut in the back:

1599102943741331380629964317791.jpg

I then reinforced it with hot glue.

There are some little details I added in the base layer:

1599104064231969282383419886160.jpg

And then worked on the chest button insets:

15991041412765274949576924506042.jpg

Next I will have to get the back made, but that will have to be another day.

Small uodate:

I got the chest part of the torso constructed. I need to reinforce it and such, but I'm pretty proud of myself. I have only a box cutter and a foil box for a straight edge. It's still looking pretty darn good I think. Figure out where me dremel wandered off to for some cleanup and I'm all set to learn ELECTRONICS!

15995419079135150226228084942610.jpg

Small uodate:

I got the chest part of the torso constructed. I need to reinforce it and such, but I'm pretty proud of myself. I have only a box cutter and a foil box for a straight edge. It's still looking pretty darn good I think. Figure out where me dremel wandered off to for some cleanup and I'm all set to learn ELECTRONICS!

View attachment 295887
this is coming along nicely im really wanting to see where you from here with this design.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back