Prepare To Drop - Halo 3 Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wow.
notice how it says " We'll have more to say later, but for now, check out our official announcement trailer which builds upon the teaser and provides new insights into what awaits next Fall." ?

That means somethings coming next fall! ( or hopefully) =P

lol.... :lol:

Purdy wallpapers for your desktop! (click for maxium resolution)
Desktop_left.jpg

desktop_Both.jpg

-FSS
PS. if anyone is interested, PM me, and i can send you a pic in better quality

circa604 said:
Just wow.
notice how it says " We'll have more to say later, but for now, check out our official announcement trailer which builds upon the teaser and provides new insights into what awaits next Fall." ?

That means somethings coming next fall! ( or hopefully) =P

I hope your being sarcastic...

anyways:
Official Xbox.com post (this has tons of info.!)
Official Bungie.net Post (With VIDEO!)

If you are not being sarcastic, read the xbox.com post, but I thought it was pretty obvious from the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Bungie.... one of the few game developers that incite so much excitement and hype for there games.
And this is looking VERY promising.
I think the new gameplay (more stealth than run 'n' gun) will be a nice change, i love the idea of sneaking around the shadows killing off covies one by one :D

Awesome, I saw this while getting my last VidMaster challenge achievement.
Looks very promising, and to think they are working on SEVERAL PROJECTS? AT Once!

Bungie is amazing.
Anyone got an idea what we will be receiving for getting these Vidmaster achievements? I have all 3 that are possible, and those are

7 on 7 : Obtain 7 EXP on a playlist and join that playlist on the 7th day of the month

Annual: Beat the last level of Halo 3 on Legendary, with the Iron skull activated (if anyone dies, you restart from last checkpoint) and everyone is Ghosts

Light Switch : Obtain the ranking of Lieutenant in any playlist on the new EXP progression system (Basically get 50 exp, which is 50 wins)

Bungie said that we wont get an immediate reward, but whatever it is, ITS SOMETHING WE WANT Im thinking, recon?
Or maybe... just the new maps for free -.-

There is one other VidMaster achievement, but it isnt accessible as of yet, and only unlockable once you Find all the New skulls on the new maps. Keep your eyes peeled!

p0rtalman said:
I love Bungie.... one of the few game developers that incite so much excitement and hype for there games.
And this is looking VERY promising.
I think the new gameplay (more stealth than run 'n' gun) will be a nice change, i love the idea of sneaking around the shadows killing off covies one by one :D

Woah.. I didn't realize this until you said "sneaking around the shadows killing off covies one by one" that this game could incorporate "taking cover" I doubt it since its Halo, but for a stealth game, it would totally make sense, and anyways, the ODSTs and Marines take cover during Halo 3 so I don't see why not.

I apologize for the massive run on sentence, but w/e haha.

*sigh* well I guess I should get an ODST costume done in time for the release of this one then... *runs off to grab files*

Freakin' awesome! (y) Looks like I'll have to make that ODST after all. Watching this video makes me see the SMG in a new light. It appears that they have it equipped with a sound suppressor, red-dot sight, and dual magazines on either side of the gun. Über sexy!

Halo3Recon1.jpg

Halo3ReconSMG_1.jpg

Halo3ReconSMG_2.jpg

Halo3ReconSMG_3.jpg

I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like the SMG to me, even if it was modified a fair bit.
My thinking is that its a new gun for troops that need firepower and stealth elements, sort of a BR/SMG combo. It could even be a stripped down and modified BR, like the striped down AR used in ghosts of onyx (i cant remember the exact name)

After some more discussion and comparing screenshots with a friend, i can say for nearly certain that it IS an SMG, just heavily modified.

Does it bother anyone else that 2 of his fingers are exposed? I have no idea why the hell that matters to me :sleep:

Edit:

Ooo I get it now thanks

tlither said:
Nope. It's a soldier thing. Gotta have the "feel" and a glove takes that away.

p0rtalman said:
I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like the SMG to me, even if it was modified a fair bit.
My thinking is that its a new gun for troops that need firepower and stealth elements, sort of a BR/SMG combo. It could even be a stripped down and modified BR, like the striped down AR used in ghosts of onyx (i cant remember the exact name)
It has the collapsible stock of the SMG. If you look at the screenshots I posted you'll see that the magazines feed exactly like the SMG and have the same patterns as the SMG. The main difference is the dual mags. They already have a suppressed SMG, the M7S:
Silencedsmg.PNG

I noticed the fingerless gloves too. It's common for special operations operators to do that for trigger feel, so I suppose that's why they did it. The rucksack he's got on is pretty neat, too. I think the AR variant you're referring to is the MA5K.

MA5K.JPG

It's actually an SMG, bungie wanted to add this weapon to Halo 2, but they discarded it.
Your right though, it is a 'BR/smg' type weapon.

-FSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back