Preparing to resin

Status
Not open for further replies.

qpJaKeWaGGqp

So, I've made a master chief helmet out of regular printer paper (letter 8" by 11" ) and I was wondering if I spray the whole thing in spray glue would it make it stronger for the resin? Like so it wouldn't fold under it's weight or loose shape?

this IMGP0365.JPGthose are bones if the model doe's not have those you make them out of popcical stick's

if you used normal printer paper as opposed to cardstock I am not sure if it will hold up during the resining. the paper being so thin I don't really think there is anything you can put on it to strengthen it without destroying/ warping it. Best bet would be to just use very very thin coats of resin and give it a good amount of time to dry in between. definitely add internal supports like noble was saying to try and minimize warping. Wish I knew something better hopefully another member on here knows. next time go with the cardstock it will save you many headaches haha.

Their is a possibility for you to achieve your goal with resining regular paper. What I would do, is get a balloon and blow it up inside the helmet. Inflate it enough to rub against the interior wall a little bit. That should give you the stability you need to resin. DON'T INFLATE THE BALLOON TO BIG TO WHERE IT WOULD DIFORM THE HELMET

I wonder if lightly coating a few layers of something like this might give it just that little boost of rigidity it needs..?
I've only ever used products like these in liquid form but if it behaves at all the same then I think it may be a viable means of preparing standard paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back