Pride Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBraus

Humans, for the most part, are capable of change.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend the day with around 12 members of the 405th at Washington State Summer Con. I was provided with some armor, and a barrel of fun times. Given that this was my first convention with 405th members, I got my badge signed by the members present and tucked it away in my satchel. I also snagged a Pacific Regiment pride sticker. I was planning on placing that sticker on my hardhat. Well, an opportunity last night robbed me of that option, and sticker, and subsequently my badge.

Most of you guys and gals know I travel for a living. This leads to me spending a lot of time chatting with the hotel staff. There's a man that's been filling in on shifts at my current hotel that works for the corporate side of hotel management. I was riding my con buzz and was having trouble sleeping, so I spent some time chatting with him. I showed him photos of what we did yesterday and we got to chatting about pride month. I don't know how we got there, but we did. He brought up how his daughter came out a while back and how he didn't have a care in the world about it, but his wife was extremely bothered, to the tune of 13 years. She eventually got over it, and they are repairing that relationship.

That said, humans are capable of change.

I went back to my room to get my pride sticker, so this corporate fellow could give it to his daughter. As my door closed, I thought better of it. I went back to my room and grabbed my con badge, the one I had signed by MY friends. The badge that was going to go into my stack of useless plastic memories. I took the badge and sticker to the front desk, and told him to give them to his daughter.

1655673767765.png

A decade ago, I might have been the person that had problems with other people's personal choices, given the way I was raised. I have realized how short-sided that way of thinking is. Pride month helped me realize that.

If you are having problems with who you think you are, or what you are, you are not alone, and I'm willing to take some time out of my day to chat and support you. Don't ever feel like you are alone. You are not alone.

Humans are capable of change.

Be human.

Dang PapaBraus, are you cutting some onions up there in WA... might be getting to me a little downwind here in the Midwest

You got the photos and the memories from the con and potentially made a big impact on this young girl. If that isn't the goal of going to events, I don't know what is.
I got the photos. You're right.

Why'd you have to throw that one back on me brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back