Printer type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey all!

I was wondering what kind of printers everyone uses to print the pepakura files? The printer that I was using just died because the cardstock was too think and well... I'm looking to get a printer that will be better, stronger, and handle the cardstock better.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had success with my Brother MFC-J835DW, printed cardstock for full Reach suit, knife, pistol, and 6ft long sniper. It's still running strong, but it burns through ink just like Straton JD's HP Envy. It's a little more pricey, but I'll be damned if Brother doesn't build a tough machine.

I use a Canon MG7520. Prints quickly and uses 6 different ink cartridges (2 black, cyan, magenta, yellow, and gray) so the ink costs are spread out a little more and no more buying tricolor packs because (insert single color) is out. Usually I would stay away from Canon because their ink prices tend to be higher (Brother is good for ink costs), but the MG7520 was on the lower end of Canon ink costs.

Definitely research ink prices and number of pages per ink cartridge if you can. Like I said, Canon usually has higher ink costs and Brother tends to be on the lower end of the spectrum there, but it varies a lot by model as well.

I use a Samsung mono laser printer. It prints clean and quick but the card comes out bent lol. No problems bending it back tho ;)

Canon MX920 - It feeds cardstock without issue, has 5 separate ink tanks, wireless printing, and high-resolution printing. But, I don't print my Pepakura files anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back