Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkHunter said:
Hi, I made this topic to ask.

What kind of printers are best for printing the Pepakura blueprints on?

1 use stikies that might be in there but use any printer that can print on cardstock and youll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its mentioned in multiple stickies, mostly all normal printers will do so I have a normal household HP and I print on 160 gr paper and it does a good job.

there topics that are "stuck" (hence "stickie) up the top of the page full of very useful information for noobs , i suggest reading all of them

as for the blueprints , print them off on a normal printer ,take them to a printing place and get them blown up (enlarged)

i have a normal A4 / letter printer which does the job just fine, and luckly it dosent use mutch ink because the lines are so thin.

I've been nosin' around trying to find the same answer, and while there haven't been very many direct answers, from what I can gather you want a "straight through" printer, as in blank paper goes in one end (usualyl the top) and comes out the other (the bottom). This design is far less likely to have issues than, say, a "rollover" printer. A rollover takes the blank paper from a tray in the front of the machine (or internally), and feeds it through a set of rollers that essentially curl the paper back onto itself as it prints. In the case of printers that have the paper feed tray in the front, the printed paper usually comes out right over the tray. This design is common among "all-in-one" type printers (scan, copy, and possibly fax). Because the paper is rolled back on itself, sometimes in a very narrow space thus making a rather tight roll, nearly a fold, these printers have a tendency to jam up or otherwise have trouble handling cardstock, as it is both a much heavier and much thicker piece of material than typical printer paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back