Problem With Printers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

animegamer057

Hello everybody!! I'm a noobish noob that just started out here at the 405th. Forgive me if this topic has been up before.

My printer cannot accept cardstock. I've attempted to print out Pepakura files before, each time led to a paper jam. Here's my printer:

c4280-photosmart-printer.jpg

The manual for my printer states:

"Additional papers to avoid when copying

• Envelopes.

• Transparency film other than HP Premium Inkjet Transparency Film or HP Premium Plus Inkjet Transparency Film.

• Iron-On Transfers.

Greeting card paper.

• HP CD/DVD tattoo labels. "

I figured that the best way is to have the Pepakura files printed @ a print shop. However, they do not have any software that reads Pepakura files. Is there any program that can convert the Pep files into any other format such as .pdf? And if so, will there be any alterations in its scaling when it is converted?

Thank You all in advance!! :notworthy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this exact same problem today. It would get about 3/4th of the way done with printing the first page and then it would jam up.

What I had to do was go into Pepakura and resort the pages so that no piece went further down the page than 3/4th's down. This turned what was normally 12 pages into 16.

Then I had to print one page at a time. Didn't jam and the printing came out clear.

try looking for a program called doPDF (you can also do a google search for print to PDF and find some alternatives) it looks like a second printer when its installed and you just select it and it creates a .PDF instead of the printed file. Scaling shouldn't be an issue since PDF is a very good format for keeping sizes.

I'm not sure if this works on macs (I've only got a pc) but you can print it directly to a PDF. Open pepakura (viewer or designer) go to file -> print. In the dropdown box labeled name: switch from whatever your printer is to "Adobe PDF" it should convert the .pdo to a .pdf and saves it to the "my documents" folder. I'm not sure if copy places take pdfs but I wouldnt see why not, its definitely less obscure than pdos. Hope it helps.

-Nec

yeh i think the hp printers for pepakura are just not good for that type although mine can take up i think 190gsm cardstock and not any more if i get a jam i will curse a little then let the rest print out then try the missing cutouts again but my printer cost me $54 australian dollars and can take most of the stuff which is good you might have to upgrade to a $100-$250 printer yes i know but think about it in the long run

i would not recommend using pdf because of scailing issues if you know how to do it properly then go ahead but i would recommend sticking to the pdo. style it makes every one happy :D good luck

I use Win2PDF in such cases, and I just bought a new printer, actually. I hate HP Photosmarts. They load from a tray in front of the printer, and they print in backwards order and augh! I hate them!

I just got a Canon Pixma IP2600

00404_canon-pixma-ip2600.jpg

And it loads from a top tray, with a full paper size adjuster and all kinds of cool stuff. It's at Walmart for $30 US, and you may be able to buy it elsewheres. It's got really cheap ink, too.

Not sure if you can get it in Australia, though, Gir.

Off topic: Wow, thanks for all the free pdf printers recommendations. I had looked for one of these a while back, but couldn't find any that were free and created a pdf without a watermark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back