Problems Connecting To The 405Th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meleck

Jr Member
I'm having network connection problems and for the life of me can't figure out how to fix it or if there is a way to fix it.

Problem:

My connection to the 405th is timing out after I get to this IP address 69.31.110.22 (as30058.te4-4.ar1.ord1.us.nlayer.net). That is as of this post. I used to time out at another IP address but the problem is the same. That IP is right before the IP for the 405th.com which is this one 67.159.44.157 (crabby.cirtexhosting.com). I got the information by tracing to the 405th using HyperTrace.

More info (or why can I connect now but not before):

I have a cable modem connection to the internet (Videotron for those who really want the detail). I can connect fine when I'm connected directly to the modem but I realized that after a while I get the same network problem. Whenever I connect through my DLink router, the connection times out. It used to work but now every time I try it doesn't. It's not a router problem since this is the only site to which I can`t connect plus I can trace the route so I have a connection to the Internet.

Question:

Can someone explain to me what is happening? PS I don't want speculations, I've got enough imagination and network knowledge to come up with my own speculations.

Can this be fixed and at what level? Other than disconnecting my router and connecting directly to the modem. I've got other people using the wireless connection at home.

I have no idea to be honest. If someone can discover a logical explanation as to why and it ends up being server-side I'll relay the message to the bossman and have it taken care of. As it stands now I don't know. There's no reason why it should allow you to connect.. surf a while.. and then start timing out. I know the crabby.cirtexhosting.com address is hosting facility we get our unlimited bandwidth from.

Cheers,

Kensai

Sorry for posting off your thread, my question if someone could answer it is why is it when I type in the site for the forums it tells me to sign in but when I click to go into a forum I am signed in without doing it? One reason for why you could be timing out on a page is maybe if you are staying on one page for too long, other than that because I had that happen to me a few times in the past I would have no further ideas.

Meleck said:
I'm having network connection problems and for the life of me can't figure out how to fix it or if there is a way to fix it.

Problem:

My connection to the 405th is timing out after I get to this IP address 69.31.110.22 (as30058.te4-4.ar1.ord1.us.nlayer.net). That is as of this post. I used to time out at another IP address but the problem is the same. That IP is right before the IP for the 405th.com which is this one 67.159.44.157 (crabby.cirtexhosting.com). I got the information by tracing to the 405th using HyperTrace.

More info (or why can I connect now but not before):

I have a cable modem connection to the internet (Videotron for those who really want the detail). I can connect fine when I'm connected directly to the modem but I realized that after a while I get the same network problem. Whenever I connect through my DLink router, the connection times out. It used to work but now every time I try it doesn't. It's not a router problem since this is the only site to which I can`t connect plus I can trace the route so I have a connection to the Internet.

Question:

Can someone explain to me what is happening? PS I don't want speculations, I've got enough imagination and network knowledge to come up with my own speculations.

Can this be fixed and at what level? Other than disconnecting my router and connecting directly to the modem. I've got other people using the wireless connection at home.

Just to let you know, I'm using Sympatico, and it works fine here.

What browser are you using? Maybe try Chrome/Opera/Safari instead of IE/FF

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back