Progress on Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.

KellyKell

Day I-dont-know-because-i-am-terrible-at-keeping-track:
I am so close I can almost taste it! Thanks to the COVID pandemic it has left me with a good bit of time to get back to Spartan Linda. I made HUGE amounts of progress and am happy with how my build has been going. I know I have lots of room for improvement, but for my first spartan build I think it went really well. I learned a lot and feel confident that if I ever chose to redo any pieces that I could make them better with the knowledge I have gained and only improve the armor from here.

Armorpaint1.jpg
armorpaint2.jpg

Please ignore my hobbit-looking feet haha.

armorpaint3.jpg

I believe I counted about 4 different shades of pink alone in this build along with the orange and blue highlights. All color shades were based
off the base shade of pink and went around from there. I promise just getting the right shades was a headache and it was a constant self-doubt.

fullarmor1.jpg

I was tired when I did this but ultimately wanted to put the armor on together even if I didn't buckle/secure in every piece. I decided to take a photo with the sniper rifle as well for size differences and to kinda see it all together.

fullarmor2.jpg

Woo-hoo more me in the armor! In this post you can see the gloves that I made. (Yes I made my own gloves. I wanted to be able to still use my phone and eat/drink at events if needed and gloves was the best way to do that). Anyways I hope you all enjoyed my thread and like the pretty-much-completed Linda!!

EDIT:
So I am having troubles adding these pictures to one of the threads I already have so sorry that I have to post another thread. In this forum progress post I have the mostly completed shin pieces (still needs the detail work) and the black undersuit with some of the armor attached!!! I am using a basic snap and velcro system that so far is working really well. I can do jumping jacks, high knees, and even sit! Yes, I said that I can SIT! I am very happy to have this mobility. Granted it may be short lived once I get the chest/back armor on. In the photos you can see how the attachments work on the knees and that is the same technique used throughout the armor. I sew one piece onto scrap fabric or scrap foam (6mm thickness) and glue that part onto the armor and then sew the other part into the actual suit. I know some people do not do this because then they won't be able to reuse the suit, but in all honesty to me having the pieces on and stay on is more important than reusing a suit. Plus, later on I think I am going to add a carbon fabric textile to give it some depth so it really won't matter in the long run. Hope you guys like the progress. I know I certainly am happy that it is getting there!

suitprogress2.jpg
suitprogress.jpg

It is really hard to see the black on black...oops lol

shins.jpg
shins2.jpg

(detail not done yet)

knees.jpg
I am going to redo the top of the knee guard on the left because I do not like it one bit.

Attachments

• suitprogress2.jpg
    suitprogress2.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back