Project: BLAM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMer56

Sr Member
Waaay back, before Gears of War, the Xbox, and Gigabytes of Ram there was a small company known as Bungie, with their revolutionary Marathon Games. They announce a new game to be released, a third-person title known simply as Halo:
halo1cd7.jpg

halo010yk9.jpg

halo011ns0.jpg

halo013xa5.jpg

halo014ot6.jpg

halo016ny0.jpg

halo017up7.jpg

halo018ij6.jpg

halo019ez5.jpg

Halo01gross.jpg

Halo04gross.jpg

Anyway, now that I zarked your eyeballs with these pictures, you may ask yourself: "What is this 'Project: BLAM!'?"
Well, "BLAM" was the codename for Halo, the original (discarded) Halo build, also known as Halo 2000.

I love this armor. You can actually see where they store their ammo, and in an easy-to-reach area too!

What I plan to do is to make this armor, in honor of the halo that never was. I shall use pepakura parts (existing and custom) and hardening the paper with expanding foam insulation see this thread for tests:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/27679-Special-Mark-VI-Armor-WIP/page1

Attachments

• Halo01gross.jpg
    Halo01gross.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Halo04gross.jpg
    Halo04gross.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 7,608
You can see the Halo in it. And you can see the Marathon in it to. The sharp edges, the trees, and the not to subtle coloring especially. Played a lot of Marathon back in the day....

Yeah, i wonder if that thing on his shoulder is a rocket launcher. Also, theres a picture of a warthog full of MC's so i guess spartans would be as common as marines early on, maybe they're spartan I's. Also on the bottom pic i think he is holding a machete. It looks easy to make in desighn, but it still looks like there could be alot of detail, even the machine gun looks easy to build.

Four things:

1) Methinks the launcher on the shoulder is for flares or chaff.

2) Regrettably, this version of Halo is unavailable. I wish it was, it looked like fun. All well. Guess "Breed" will have to do (that game was made to kill this uersion of halo, but Microsoft snapped up halo and breed's publishers were zarking idiots and "tweaked" the game... well... Breed was never heard of again.)

3) I love the chestpiece and the forearm! The forearm is just awesome and you can actually see where he stores all of his ammo!

4) Work begins on the armor after I return to college (Jan 18th), because I have free printing there!

Been sketching the armor, regrettably the game isn't anywhere on the internet!
Still, found 2 movies I find as good references and you may find funny.

[video=youtube;7Tqrfy4SR7I]
[/video]

[video=youtube;RN9vO_gRzoI]
[/video]

ALL HAIL THE GRAVITY WRENCH!

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason why the game is not on the internet is because it is property of Bungie, this game is Halo, it was the first concept before they finally decided on the designs that we now all know and love. This was the first working concept for Halo CE, then they got everything, worked abit more on the design, and boom Halo.

Microsoft bought bungie and made them rebuild the game in Direct X, and gave them a choice: release the game in 5 month's or not release it at all. Microsoft was a bunch of [expletive] to the bungie team. There would have been so many more weapons if they just had more time. I was hoping there was a leaked beta of it somewhere...
All well. Anywho... Made the low Definition version of the chest.
chesttester.png

Could someone unfold it to about 420mm? Doesn't matter which dimension you choose, it is almost perfectly cubical like that ^.^
Link to .obj file is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?29008kmtgavk6la

Attachments

• chesttester.png
    chesttester.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 166
Before you get too far, you may want to invert the faces on your pep there, since it's inside-out. In pep designer, got to "3D Menu" then "Change Coordinates" then "Invert Faces".

I'm really interested in seeing this build. I've seen some of what was Halo before the game was released, but only the E3 vid. Keep going!

Before you get too far, you may want to invert the faces on your pep there, since it's inside-out. In pep designer, got to "3D Menu" then "Change Coordinates" then "Invert Faces".

I just took a screenshot so people could see what it looks like (it looks like crap in gmax). Although I managed to scale it to the correct size and create a microsoft XPS document (using microsoft XPS document writer, which one of the printing options) so I can print it off anytime and assemble it. Will post pics possibly later today. Already built one of the sides. Will be working on a higher definition version later.

Oh, and the AI in the E3 video was all scripted :(

It's been a while...
I finally got a new keyboard (the "v" key was broken for months), so now I'm back up to 100% capacity.
It's official, I have a double dorm room to myself this semester. That gives me plenty of space to work on my armor.
I might go the foam sheet route, I dunno. I'll just have to wait and see.
On a positive note I made the forearm (It's in Pepakura because it doesn't look too froody in Gmax or Lithunwrap).

forearm.png

Listening to Blue Murder right now. They are epic win.

Attachments

• forearm.png
    forearm.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 153
Triple post... guess this isn't as hot as one might think...

0208011618.jpg
Forearm is too small, needs to be about 200% bigger.

Attachments

• 0208011618.jpg
    0208011618.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 181
Any chance of these files making their way out to the rest of the universe anytime soon? This looks like a fun one to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back