Project: "the Library" (A Unified Region/armor Status Sticky Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3unbreakable

Jr Member
Project: The Library (Flood and Rampant AI not included)

250px-Sacredicon1600.jpg

I remember when this forum stemmed out of Mjolnir Armor, and it was sweet to see everyone doing their own thing, and over the years i'm glad the 405th has expanded gloriously. Over two years of blood, sweat, and tears have been spent on developing armor and weapon creation methods which has given many people a simple process to achieve beautiful works of costuming glory. Thanks to several members who pour their heart into the work. That said, i was wondering if we could begin on a project to database the location and armor status of 405th members. Something akin to what bungie does with your Online Halo Stats. (Though on a much much simpler level)

A stickied forum post with a table of members would be a method of doing such, though it would require someone to dedicate an amount of time to moderate this database. Members could PM their Region and Armor status, and it could be placed in the table.

Other ideas are welcome.

The point of this would be to help get an idea of how many Spartans and Marines there actually are out there in the wild drinking gamerfuel and attending conventions. This database project would also help people of close proximity to plan convention gatherings, armor parties, lan parties and other events that could indeed take place in the foreseeable future

Example: There are several threads created by members curious of whether there are other people in the 405th around them. These threads die pretty soon however because there is no general census.

If the mod team is so inclined, I would moderate such a thread.

EDIT: Also, i'm well aware of the Company/Battalion/Garrison ideas people have brought up, and this is NOT my intention. The point of this project would partially be a census of members who own armor, and the geographic spread of members. I repeat: I'm not interested in creating "Ohio Garrison" or "Alpha Company" of the 405th.

Example:

Name: Adulese (Joey Glaser)

Region: North East Ohio (Greater Cleveland Area)

Armor Status: Complete Mk V and progressing on ODST and Marine sets.

This could be placed in a table, or wiki page at halocostuming.

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe incorporating a map to show the spread or something would be good. I'll start off.

Name: Adulese (Joey Glaser)

Region: North East Ohio (Greater Cleveland Area)

Armor Status: Complete Mk V and progressing on ODST and Marine sets.

- Adulese

Out of all the ideas thrown out, this is the more probable one to have. Maybe not so much a forum post but there has to be a simpler way that wouldn't take time out of peoples hands to have to keep it updated. A separate wiki addon could be used to people could add their own to predetermined areas, i.e. North South East West, UK, Ausie etc and people could add as they wish without having moderators having to monitor everything

That actually sounds like the best move and it could be paired with an auto updating map or something. I'll ask a friend that has a system like it.

- Adulese

I was actually thinking of something similar, but it was more of a catalogue to find out how many COMPLETE suits and weapons there were, and of what types.

We could combine the two projects...

Feel free to PM if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back