Props Prop help

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzysenyrc

Jr Member
Ok for my movie I need the wheels on this warthog to spin while the car is standing still..

How would I attach a small moter to the hog....
I will show you the clip when I am done..

sssancheznes said:
Ok for my movie I need the wheels on this warthog to spin while the car is standing still..

There are motors from knex sets you could use. I actually have one in my garage. They run on 2 double A batteries. You should check ebay for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
sssancheznes said:

Simple,

Get two small DC motors from radio Shack,
and a small piece of wood, wire, one-two 9volt battery(s), and 9 volt battery snaps.

And some sort of glue or sticky tack if you don't want to ruin the Warthog toy.
Connect the motors to the wires and the wires to the battery snap. and put the tack on the motors axel.
then stick it to the warthog. i would explain much better, but i am down with the flu and have a massive migrane, so it makes it tough to make this all sound right. But i drew a really fast, no where near my real design skills (you should see my good stuff), diagram to illustrate what i mean.
It would work, and i would explain how to incorperate a switch but i don't feel to well.
This would be a small project and cost money, but to me, building the rig would be fun and you would have a permanent set up you could take on and off the warthog. so heres the diagram.
Feel free to Message me with questions or anything, i'll answer when i feel better. It's off to sleep now :D
sssdd.jpg

EDIT:
Ooh!
I just had an idea.
Scratch using a peice of wood as the base for this rig. Get a Project box (from radioshack) and build the rig in it. A project box is a small black sealable box where you can contain your little electronic projects and such.
*Film effects Training kicks in*
and if you have a good video editing program like Adobe Premiere, you could do Keying effects.
Keying is the Blue or Green Screen effects that movie makers use to cancel out the backround or to film say, a person jumping up in the air, then adding it to the real backround.
All you would have to do, is paint the project box very blue or very green, and then use the keying effects in your program on the box so you can't see it in the backround, but you would have to take a still shot of your back round so you don't see a box shaped grey area where the box was keyed out. :D
The purpose of the still shot is to have a picture of the backround to be an underlay so the grey box area isn't there.
But if you don't have keying effects on your program, no worries they sell short project boxes that would be concealed behind the side of the warthog, assuming your are filming from the side.

Good luck

Hope this helped:D

It's really less complicated than it sounds, just contact me with questions about any of it. and i'll get back to you.

-Justin

tonsofhoopla said:
Simple,

Get two small DC motors from radio Shack,
and a small piece of wood, wire, one-two 9volt battery(s), and 9 volt battery snaps.

And some sort of glue or sticky tack if you don't want to ruin the Warthog toy.
Connect the motors to the wires and the wires to the battery snap. and put the tack on the motors axel.
then stick it to the warthog. i would explain much better, but i am down with the flu and have a massive migrane, so it makes it tough to make this all sound right. But i drew a really fast, no where near my real design skills (you should see my good stuff), diagram to illustrate what i mean.
It would work, and i would explain how to incorperate a switch but i don't feel to well.
This would be a small project and cost money, but to me, building the rig would be fun and you would have a permanent set up you could take on and off the warthog. so heres the diagram.
Feel free to Message me with questions or anything, i'll answer when i feel better. It's off to sleep now :D
sssdd.jpg

EDIT:
Ooh!
I just had an idea.
Scratch using a peice of wood as the base for this rig. Get a Project box (from radioshack) and build the rig in it. A project box is a small black sealable box where you can contain your little electronic projects and such.
*Film effects Training kicks in*
and if you have a good video editing program like Adobe Premiere, you could do Keying effects.
Keying is the Blue or Green Screen effects that movie makers use to cancel out the backround or to film say, a person jumping up in the air, then adding it to the real backround.
All you would have to do, is paint the project box very blue or very green, and then use the keying effects in your program on the box so you can't see it in the backround, but you would have to take a still shot of your back round so you don't see a box shaped grey area where the box was keyed out. :D
The purpose of the still shot is to have a picture of the backround to be an underlay so the grey box area isn't there.
But if you don't have keying effects on your program, no worries they sell short project boxes that would be concealed behind the side of the warthog, assuming your are filming from the side.

Good luck

Hope this helped:D

It's really less complicated than it sounds, just contact me with questions about any of it. and i'll get back to you.

-Justin

Thanks... and i know how to chroma key... I was the executive producer for my schools TV and Film program...
last year

you could use stop motion animation.
1.Just mark your spot.
2.move the wheels
3.put it bak where it was.
4.Take a frame.
5.Repeat

baileyboys said:
you could use stop motion animation.
1.Just mark your spot.
2.move the wheels
3.put it bak where it was.
4.Take a frame.
5.Repeat

I agree completely. I used stop motion for a short film for my history class if anyone cares.

or just attach a gear to the rear axle (or even just one pin sticking out) take a rubber band and hook it on the pin or gear. then hook the other end of the rubber band to a point in the front (giving example for just the rear wheels. to move the front just reverse instructions). Rotate the wheels in the opposite direction you want them to move. This will stretch the rubber band. Take fishing wire and suspend the vehicle about 1mm above the ground and then let the wheels go. No reason to get advanced with radios and motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back