1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

Prototype (YGGDRASIL) Armor

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by GMer56, Jun 9, 2018.

1. GMer56

GMer56 Well-Known Member

Been nearly a decade since I've done a Halo themed costu-GET THE HERETIC!

I've been working on an exoskeleton frame and thought it might be cool to make a YGGDRASIL Mark I Prototype armor set for it. Probably take a while to build 'cause I'm first working on some sparring armor first (Planning on a Rockem Sockem Robots/Real Steel type fight eventually).

Probably make the Prototype armor set out of aluminum too because I've gotten kinda attached to the workflow of tearing metal and riveting stuff. Maybe use some EVA foam for the wobbly undersuit bits. And a fortune in Flex Seal.

In case you aren't familiar with the prototype:

tiny.png

Am I gonna need little orange caps on the suit guns? :p

Fun fact: It was designed by Shinji Aramaki, the same dude who did the design for MADOX-01(one of my favorite mechs).

An hour or so of 3d modeling:

mymodel.jpg

I'll release the 3d model when it's finished.

Exoskeleton

A bit more arm flailing:

Metal Work Samples:

20180519_124050.jpg

feets.JPG

The Exoskeleton is too big for my garage, but its trapped in there because my brother broke the lawn tractor and it's blocking the door. So it will be a while before I walk around.

Probably end up around 8.5ft tall, with my arms and head encased in the torso and a head with a webcam in it connected to my tablet.

And lots of cooling fans.

eiros, Lieutenant Jaku and Grommets like this.
  2. Grommets

Grommets New Member

I'm excited to see this play out! Are you going to have any motors to help with motion or will it be purely human powered?

3. GMer56

GMer56 Well-Known Member

Making a fully functional powersuit would cost me a fortune in bike cables and fidget spinners, so I'm sticking with human power for now with some bungee-cords to help with the weight. Maybe a small motor or two for accessories like a spinning gattling barrel.

Bit more 3d modeling, with a bit of color too!

prog2.jpg

Anyone notice how it Looks kinda similar to the original halo armor?

5.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Grommets and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  4. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku

weird... I never noticed that before. I wonder why they scrapped that, besides the helmet it looks almost better than the actual CE armor. more halo 2 ODST also. they should make a newer variant of that armor.

5. GMer56

GMer56 Well-Known Member

If I remember right that's what Halo looked like before Microsoft got Bungie. There was a game called "Breed" that supposed to be the "Halo Killer" (character models have a higher polycount, for one). Its downfall was that it aimed to outshine the pre-microsoft Halo, which explains why no one has heard of it.

220px-Breed_Coverart.png

Corny dialogue anyone?

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  6. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku

Besides the dialogue it actually looks not terrible, it seems like a lot of work must have gone into this, a shame how it ended up. Looks a bit too complicated.

GMer56 likes this.
  7. GMer56

GMer56 Well-Known Member

I own a copy but played it years ago. Squad commands/ character switching was fun, but there was no overarching story other than "do the mission". Imagine if in Halo you could command the marines fighting with you. That would be neat.

Have quite a feet of 3d modeling going on now:

prog3 feets.jpg

8. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku

Nice modeling man!
    So are you saying that it is like Halo 5 (squad command, Halo 5 has a small bit of story at least) with worse graphics and no PVP?

9. GMer56

GMer56 Well-Known Member

Halo 5?
    2018-06-17-10-07-47--865757836.jpeg
    Honestly after Reach I lost track of things. I still think my 360 is pretty neat...

10. GMer56

GMer56 Well-Known Member

Bit more 3d modeling:

prog3 face.jpg

prog3 face onbod.jpg
    Something about the way its standing is giving me an itch to rig it.