PSA: Trouble with Bevels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickHunter

Hey everyone, I came across this by chance while looking for some sanding tool accessories on thingiverse. When I saw it my first thought was that I can think of tons of people on the 405th, both new and old that would love to have something like this.

So without anymore anticipation what have I found for 405th? A bevel guide essentially. Its a fairly straightforward 3D print, and while I understand everyone doesnt have a printer there are 3D printing services out that and not only that but some of us know someone who has a 3D printer whom we could ask for a simple file like this. My other thought was that some of the regiments could print some of these and use them to demo bevel cuts and such at events to those interested in 405th. I know bevel cuts are one of those things that really discourage people especially when they dont go right so I figured this would be great.

Link to file on thingiverse: 1/2" EVA Foam Bevel Cutter V2 by pearboyfrob
you-get-a-bevel-and-you-get-a-bevel-every-19295204.png

Quick update on this, I printed one of these for Harri51 so I'll be sending that off to him. Bevel guide printed just fine without support too, maybe 20 - 30 cents in material and printed in about 3-4 hours. I also printed out a sandpaper holder with 3d printed screws. the screws fit well even though they were printed at .2mm layer height. Looking forward to seeing these used and using them in projects :D
Bevel and Sander.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back