Question About Fiberglassing a Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageAce

Hey guys,

I'm not quite there yet but I have a question regarding the fiberglassing step of the armor-making process:

When fiberglassing a helmet, do you have to fiberglass both the inside AND outside? Or is it just the inside? Because I just finished pepping my first helmet (NZ-TK's Rogue Helmet) and the high amount of detail on the outside seems kind of intimidating in terms of placing little bits of fiberglass all over it.

So if you guys could just drop a few tips on this thread that'd be AMAZING :D

Thanks so much again guys, this community is so helpful and I can't even express how helpful and conducive you all have been to my learning the ropes around here :)

When fiberglassing you really only want to glass the inside. Fiberglass leaves a weird texture after its hardened and if you were to do that on the outside, you would have to work really really hard to get that smoothed out. So its easier to fiberglass only the inside.

It you want some more tips about glassing. I posted the bumps I ran into when fiberglassing my ODST helmet in my build thread. Its in my signature and its one of the first few pages. Hope that helps and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back