Question about Pepakura Designer / Pepakura Viewer for Silhouette CAMEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechBill

Howdy,

I was doing a search on question about using Pepakura Designer and the print size where some results brought me to this forum which seems to have several Pepakura Designer threads on but none seems to answer the question I am searching on.

Pepakura Designer is not new to me and I already made Batman cowl where I use Pepakura Viewer for Silhouette CAMEO to cut the pattern out on Cameo 4 to save time. On the Batman cowl, I managed to get each pieces on 11x8.5 cardstock then the Cameo 4 cutter was able to cut it up without issues.

Now I am working on a new project for my son and the helmet is huge where it require more than one sheet 11x8.5 for several pieces joined together. Also, I brought a new wide format printer that supposedly to be able to print borderless (no margins) edge to edge because cameo 4 cutter will not for some reason cut the edge that needed to be joined by another sheet. I always had to put a black line on that edge of the Parakura Design to add a cut there or otherwise there will be a margin I need to to cut off by hand.

I am trying to avoid having to cut the margin off around the edge and save time by using whole cardstock and less waste too.

I managed to get it to print borderless but each time it ask me if I wanted to scale it to fit on paper etc. I think that is messing up the scale no matter I choose yes or cancel because each page that are printed is not lining up the other pages.

How do I get the pages printed with borderless line up each other. I am not sure if printer is purposely changing scale on each page or the software is doing this. I already tried both with or without auto scale when printing still it a little off on each page. The cut outline would not match the fold outline when placing two paper together etc.

I am only printing cut outline and fold lines that all. No texture or anything etc. I only use it to text fit pattern before placing it on EVA as a cut pattern to save EVA form materials.

Any tips or feedback will be greatly appreciated!

I know you can remove the margins from the page by going to 'Settings' then to 'Print and paper settings' finding the Margins and changing them to zero. Problem is they won't get rid of the page lines when they're butted up next to each other on the program and I'm not sure if they'll show up when they print. Could give it a try though and see what happens. Another thing you can try is exporting the file to a PDF format. You can do this by going to 'File' then "Print as PDF". Hope this helps.

I know you can remove the margins from the page by going to 'Settings' then to 'Print and paper settings' finding the Margins and changing them to zero. Problem is they won't get rid of the page lines when they're butted up next to each other on the program and I'm not sure if they'll show up when they print. Could give it a try though and see what happens. Another thing you can try is exporting the file to a PDF format. You can do this by going to 'File' then "Print as PDF". Hope this helps.

I already set all margin to zero but the fold line still does not line up.

Something is causing the printer wanting to scale the drawing up to “fit to page” when I set it not to scale it up.

See photo of two printed paper where cut line matches up but the fold line does not match up

B2A39CC4-597B-4199-94E4-398E88BE46FF.jpeg

I think i found a hidden setting under borderless setting to retain size. look like it what I was looking for all along

The fold line seems to line up now

83C53661-710C-46EC-BDE5-23846D12A6D3.jpeg

Might just be better off just splitting the piece on pepakura instead of trying the margin less way, pepakura isn't smart enough for it and it will always be off by 5mm or more, just my two bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back