Question about the assault rifle

cemretas

Member
Every single time I try to post in the creation forum, it says I have no permission to post there, so im asking what do I have to do to post there?

Anyhoo, does anyone please help me with building a assault rifle?

I mean I have tried simply carving it out of poster board with a spartan laser and painted it, it looked pretty good, and someone wanted it as a B-Day present, but I would like to make a assault rifle with a better look.

I know that its one of the rules for you to not "Hold my hand" through making one, but I simply have no idea whatsoever of how to make one, the spartan laser had a scaled blueprint for it, but nothing for anything else. So I was wondering, if someone could list some items I need and instructions. If not, fine I understand, but if anyone is willing to help, thanks.

As a last note, if you still wish to move this, go ahead and move it to creation forums, since I cant post there like I originally stated.
Thanks for reading.
 

attackinglife

Jr Member
If you could tell me a little more about your plans for the assault rifle (price range, necessary durability, time constraints, etc.) I may be able to help you out a little bit with that. As for the not being able to post in the Creation discussion, look around. This question has been posted at least 20 times that I have seen. The answer is that you need 50 posts. This is put in place to keep noobs from posting useless, unhelpful, and already answered topics.

Note to Adam: You should probably put some kind of notification telling new users this is the case. I know that it is in the description of the Noob forum, but people aren't getting it. Maybe you should try a more direct approach. (Just a suggestion)
 
attackinglife said:
If you could tell me a little more about your plans for the assault rifle (price range, necessary durability, time constraints, etc.) I may be able to help you out a little bit with that. As for the not being able to post in the Creation discussion, look around. This question has been posted at least 20 times that I have seen. The answer is that you need 50 posts. This is put in place to keep noobs from posting useless, unhelpful, and already answered topics.

Note to Adam: You should probably put some kind of notification telling new users this is the case. I know that it is in the description of the Noob forum, but people aren't getting it. Maybe you should try a more direct approach. (Just a suggestion)
Yeah, listen to this guy lol.

yeah, you have to have 50 posts before you "go anywhere else"
I suggest you make yours out of wood (get help from a shop class teacher,
or a woodsman) it helps.

+Spartan-K22
 
Last edited by a moderator:

cemretas

Member
Oh sorry... Heh.

Well I was thinking of doing that standard cardboard/Plexiglass/Paint thing people usually do, but here is a good picture of what I wish it to end up as:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6261&hl=

The final pic with a full MC suit holding a AR is the best picture.

Something like that, any time amount, but less than a month is best.
Im not to sure about the cost using the equipment he used.
 

cemretas

Member
Ok, but how do I get the shape for a assault rifle? If there are 50 other threads, post some threads on assault rifle design?
 

iPwned

Jr Member
Spartan-K22 said:
Hey, here is a page that will show you how good 30 dollar armor can be: http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/tastybread_ca...?display=chief1

Second of all, here is a tutorial on how to Resin and Fiberglass and Paint your stuff: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2287

By the way, the pictures on the link you posted, well, his armor didnt come out too good.
his head is wayyy toooo big lol.

Hope the above helps :)

+Spartan-K22
thanks jackass. At least say it to my face.

anywho...
what i did was draw the basic assault rifle shape onto a piece of cardboard, then onto another piece of cardboard, cut out two identical sides, then just attached the two sides together with cardboard in the middle. Detailing came after that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
To get the scale and shape of an AR I took a profile view drawing of it I got off of a google search. I printed this out, took it to a photocopy machine and enlarged it in pieces until it was close to 87 cm in length.

Its a low tech approach but it worked to give me the basic shape and size. Plus check the gallery under armor reference and then under weapons on here, some great screen shots of the AR in there posted by blinkava44. Hope this helps.
 

cemretas

Member
iPwned said:
thanks jackass. At least say it to my face.

anywho...
what i did was draw the basic assault rifle shape onto a piece of cardboard, then onto another piece of cardboard, cut out two identical sides, then just attached the two sides together with cardboard in the middle. Detailing came after that.
I thought your armour was nice...

Anyway, what do you mean by piece of cardboard in the middle, all I really understood is you cut two pieces of cardboard, each an identical side of the AR, then attached them.
But what do you mean by "With cardboard in the middle"?

Also, does anyone have a link to a good MA5C Assault rifle picture, or blueprints of it that I can use to draw into the cardboard? I guess ill just enlarge it myself like the chap above me did. But thanks alot for all your help, im beggining to understand I think.
I just might tackle a sniper if I can understand how to do assault rifle.
Ok im going to check the gallery and see if I can find anything useful.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

cemretas

Member
Anyone else have some help for me? Like how muh it costs to make something like that?
I can get all the cardboard I need from those free Costco boxes they give out. But is there a way to buy resin and fiberglass from stores like sears/ lowes?

Few other questions:
1.Whats the best paint for it? Spray or Manual hand paint? Just pure black and Metallic Gray for it? With some green.
2.The resin and fiberglass question above.
3.Any good schematics for one?

That is all.
 

iPwned

Jr Member
CemreTas said:
I thought your armour was nice...

Anyway, what do you mean by piece of cardboard in the middle, all I really understood is you cut two pieces of cardboard, each an identical side of the AR, then attached them.
But what do you mean by "With cardboard in the middle"?

Also, does anyone have a link to a good MA5C Assault rifle picture, or blueprints of it that I can use to draw into the cardboard? I guess ill just enlarge it myself like the chap above me did. But thanks alot for all your help, im beggining to understand I think.
I just might tackle a sniper if I can understand how to do assault rifle.
Ok im going to check the gallery and see if I can find anything useful.
vertical strips of cardboard about 1 inch thick to attach the two sides together in the middle. Then add the detailing once you've completely got the two sides attached all the way around.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

sk8er4life

Well-Known Member
Spartan-K22 said:
Hey, here is a page that will show you how good 30 dollar armor can be: http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/tastybread_ca...?display=chief1

Second of all, here is a tutorial on how to Resin and Fiberglass and Paint your stuff: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2287

By the way, the pictures on the link you posted, well, his armor didnt come out too good.
his head is wayyy toooo big lol.

Hope the above helps :)

+Spartan-K22
Thank you soooo much! :not worthy: I got all almost all pf my problems answered.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

cemretas

Member
iPwned said:
vertical strips of cardboard about 1 inch thick to attach the two sides together in the middle. Then add the detailing once you've completely got the two sides attached all the way around.
So your saying your AR is only three layers of cardboard thick at the most?
I thought it would be bigger.

Also wouldnt it work just as effectively, if I make two layers using posterboard, then attaching pieces of cardboard for elevation, like at the top?
I mean its all going to be painted over, so it all feels the same.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

iPwned

Jr Member
CemreTas said:
So your saying your AR is only three layers of cardboard thick at the most?
I thought it would be bigger.

Also wouldnt it work just as effectively, if I make two layers using posterboard, then attaching pieces of cardboard for elevation, like at the top?
I mean its all going to be painted over, so it all feels the same.
no no, the cardboard goes like this |_|

the inside is all hollow except for the brass tube running through it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top