question for the german fellows

Status
Not open for further replies.

S42

Jr Member
Hi everybody,

this is mainly about the materials you use while building your armor. For all the non german-members I hope thats no problem when I do the rest in German since it is easier for me then...

------------------------------

Grüß euch,

da ich mit meinem Helm nun langsam in die Phase komme, in der ich gerne eine Negativ-Form und danach einen Plastik-Guss herstellen möchte, wollte ich mich mal erkundigen, welche Materialien ihr denn so verwendet habt, sofern ihr das schon gemacht habt?

Passendes Harz zu finden war ja nicht wirklich schwer, ebenso die Fasermatten und Spachtelmasse... aber sturz und stoßfestes, gießbares Plastik (oder was auch immer man dafür nehmen kann) stellt sich da dann doch als größere Herausforderung heraus... oder bin ich zu blöd zum suchen?

Ich wäre euch für entsprechende Hilfe sehr dankbar!

da ich mit meinem Helm nun langsam in die Phase komme, in der ich gerne eine Negativ-Form und danach einen Plastik-Guss herstellen möchte, wollte ich mich mal erkundigen, welche Materialien ihr denn so verwendet habt, sofern ihr das schon gemacht habt?

Gemacht hab ichs noch nicht, aber dafür werden von vielen Leuten hier Smooth-On-Produkte verwendet. Die gibts auch in Deutschland, allerdings nur bei einem einzigen Händler laut deren Webseite und sie sind sehr (SEHR!) teuer, verglichen mit normalem UP-Harz. Aber zumindest könnten dir hier viele Leute weiterhelfen, wenns Fragen dazu gibt.

Well, I have no idea what to say due to the fact that, I can't speak nor read German. Anything Ventrue says do, he knows his stuff. I tust his judgement.

Danke für die Info, was hältst Du von: http://shop.r-g.de/Polyurethane/PUR-Giessharz-CC-9803.html
Ist sowas auch brauchbar?

Könnte gehen... keine Ahnung, ich hab wie gesagt noch nicht damit gearbeitet ;-)

Well, I have no idea what to say due to the fact that, I can't speak nor read German. Anything Ventrue says do, he knows his stuff. I tust his judgement.

I'm honoured, but I basically just said that I don't really have any idea, so you may want to revise that :p

I'm honoured, but I basically just said that I don't really have any idea, so you may want to revise that :p
As Deputy Dog said... anything you say is true ;D
Just kidding, thank you for your input...

Some other germans with any ideas or experience? ... btw. the only thing why I asked in german was that most of the material is hard or even not to buy in germany ;) so if you have anything thats available over here (without being some kind of certified chemical guy) would be nice.

Greet you,

I slowly with my helmet now in the phase come in which I would like to make a negative mold and then a plastic cast, I would like to ask me, what materials you have used for so long as you have already done this?

Suitable resin was found to not really difficult, as the fiber mats and filler ... But fall and shock-resistant, moldable plastic (or whatever you can take it) turns out to be since then but more of a challenge ... or I'm too stupid to look for?

tranlators suck in other words

I would be very grateful for such help!

Hi adam, with the plastic I'm at the same stage, I found some suitable mold material but the plastic is a pain to find...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back