[Question] Molding

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTzOminousTic

Jr Member
So I made a Thomas helmet a while back, It came out pretty decent being my 1st helmet & all and a couple of my friends want me to make them one so I'm thinking of making a mold of it BUT is that possible now that the Visor is cut out and all that?

I was thinking of pushing the visor all the way forward, then sealing it somehow.
Mass hot glue? Bondo? Idk.

Also, I think I'm gonna have to cover up the vents with bondo, sand it down smooth, spot putty, sand, paint, etc, then mold it right? Because they aren't rectangle (as in perfect 90degree angles and what not) and look ugly imo. That way I can attempt to make perfect rectangles vents on the casts.

20120410095900.jpg

20120410095849.jpg

20120410095839.jpg

20120410095823.jpg

20120410095812.jpg

You can mold it with the visor in place, When I make molds of my helmets I use sulfer free clay and fill the gaps in the visor with it, you can wet you finger and get it smoothed out around the visor area and for vent you can also put clay behind the areas that you need sealed up, that way you know where the areas are to cut out in the castings, hope this helps

You can mold it with the visor in place, When I make molds of my helmets I use sulfer free clay and fill the gaps in the visor with it, you can wet you finger and get it smoothed out around the visor area and for vent you can also put clay behind the areas that you need sealed up, that way you know where the areas are to cut out in the castings, hope this helps

This would be your best option right here ^

Get some Van Aken Clay (It's oil based , never dries , and is sulfur free) and fill in the gaps . Good luck with the mold!

-Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back