Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaL

Hello all,

If this has been covered in a previous thread I am sorry I could not locate it even with the search option. (There is soo much information here!!!!)

I am completely new to making anything like this, I have a beard, its not super long but not short, but I would like to keep it, does anyone have any tips for covering it or a way to incorporate it when/If I get a suit made?

Thanks or your responses!

You could just make sure that a) your neck seal or other head covering keeps it hidden, and b) that you make sure that you leave enough room in your helmet so that your beard doesn't rub and get annoying.

"I don't know what is weirder - that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing." - Suzie

Hey tried joining the fb page said I needed to contact you guys here just started to build halo armor I have pics of progress if you guys need proof and as soon as it's done will be attending future expos

Hey tried joining the fb page said I needed to contact you guys here just started to build halo armor I have pics of progress if you guys need proof and as soon as it's done will be attending future expos

Hi Ksmith117, welcome to the 405th,

First point, there is no need to prove anything to be a part of the 405th. Everyone is welcome, builders or not, some members have an acount, build thier suit, and then months after it is finnished, create a thread and dump pictures of the completed project. So realy it's up to you how you go about beeing an active member.

Second point,try and be mindfull of where you ask and why you ask questions. Not that you have done anything terribly wrong, but you kind of used the thread of someone else to ask an unrelated question about you. This woul dbe acceeptable in a situation where your question would be related to the subject beiing disussed at the time. Something I could suggest would be to start a thread of your own in the new recruit section about your build, post photo and questions there so you know where to get your answers and feedback.

If ever you are in search of a perticular subject, feel free to look into the halo and costume section of the forum and surf through the stuck post to get a lot of basic know how about this hobby and the forum in general. If you dont find anything, use google, white your question and then ad 405th in the end : for example you could write "armor strapping tutorial 405th" and find a bunch of helpfull entries from here !

Have a good time reasearchng and have fun Spartan.

Now for the beard I could suggest a balaclava so that it compresses on your face. Now I figure it could get itchy so a custom necseal that snaps inside your helmet with magnets and is straped under your armpits could give it some space to breath and not get as hot as in the balaclava !

Vivid

I too have a beard, and I know exactly how you feel. I seem to trim mine with a 8mm attachment, then let it grow for 2-3 months before trimming again, so it gets a decent length. For the most part, a balaclava isn't TOO uncomfortable, although it is a bit warm (maybe cut the top off, so its not as constricting?). When the time comes, I'll probably end up making a custom neck seal that's a bit looser, with some sort of frame so it doesn't need to be as tight. Its not impossible, but you could definitely make your own that will be much better and more beard friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back