questions about playing a spartan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or do you mean the helmet? I'm sorry I didn't read that super well.

You can make your helmet out of fibreglass with the pepakura method, or you can make it out of foam. You can also 3D print one as well, depending on your preference.

That is the real question, isn't it? Basically, you can make one out of anything that is transparent plastic, or you can get clear plastic, make a mould, and vacuform the shape you want. Or you can purchase one if you want, but I'm not very experienced with that end of things. So it depends on how much time, work, or money you want to spill into it.

Either way though, we are all here to help and a lot of us have more experience than I do myself.

It may prove useful if you want to build a Spartan helmet if you scale it SLIGHTLY larger than normal and install some fans to circulate air and keep your visor free. That way you won't feel so claustrophobic.

I meant all of it when I make it. I can't justify spending £2732.3 on a Master chief cosplay. I want something Lightweight but durable?

I tried a stormtrooper's helmet and had a panic attack

I can sympathize: whenever I wear a faceshield when I use my chainsaw I find it hard to breathe. Get enough ventilation and make the helmet comfortable (some strips of EVA foam as cushion) and you might be okay.

Papercraft may be the cheapest method: about $10 for cardstock and another $20 for fiberglass resin and matting, but you also must drop about $35 for a NIOSH approved respirator as resin fumes are terrible for your health.

I can sympathize: whenever I wear a face shield when I use my chainsaw I find it hard to breathe. Get enough ventilation and make the helmet comfortable (some strips of EVA foam as a cushion) and you might be okay.

Papercraft may be the cheapest method: about $10 for cardstock and another $20 for fibreglass resin and matting, but you also must drop about $35 for a NIOSH approved respirator as resin fumes are terrible for your health.
I'll speak to my other half who is a huge halo fan to help with the build

Last edited:
If you find it necessary to have a helmet, I understand. I am not you so I dont know the details, but I completely understand the situation. If you know what may help for you, that will give you a better idea on what to do. Maybe if you have a helmet where the jaw pokes out a little and gives you plenty of room around the mouth. Maybe if you make an EVA helmet or something with a large area to see out of it will help. Will lights on the inside or better air flow help to trick your brain into thinking your not wearing a helmet? I hope we can get you through this and we will be here for you :)

Also how claustraphobic are you. Will you be fine with the armor you would be wearing? It's kind of like wearing pool floaties if you remember wearing those as a kid(if you did)

If you find it necessary to have a helmet, I understand. I am not you so I dont know the details, but I completely understand the situation. If you know what may help for you, that will give you a better idea on what to do. Maybe if you have a helmet where the jaw pokes out a little and gives you plenty of room around the mouth. Maybe if you make an EVA helmet or something with a large area to see out of it will help. Will lights on the inside or better air flow help to trick your brain into thinking your not wearing a helmet? I hope we can get you through this and we will be here for you :)

Also how claustraphobic are you. Will you be fine with the armor you would be wearing? It's kind of like wearing pool floaties if you remember wearing those as a kid(if you did)
Its I can wear normal body armour just not over my face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back