Questions on how to use the restroom conveniently while armored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snortellini

Hey everyone, while I was wondering about how to use the restroom conveniently while in a halo suit. This came up because I started getting into costuming recently and I made a Slenderman costume. I used a morphsuit to make myself white and when I had to use the restroom.. things got a little complicated. I literally needed to take off almost everything as fast as possible, which took me about 3-4 minutes. For the undersuit for my halo armor I'm planning, I'm thinking to make it a black morphsuit with foam attachments for detail. I don't want to make the same mistake again. Does anyone have any methods for easy restroom usage?

I don't see how no one has answered this, 405th members I salute ur bladder controle. Only way I can think is to make the groin detachable and add a zip to the morph suit. Just hope you have access to a sewing machine

this is indeed a tricky issue and tricker still for the females on here!

Im hoping that I just sweat buckets instead of emptying my bladder.

Some people have made the crouch guard (yes, that's what I call it) on the cod piece detachable using buckles to clip on and off but that could get messy as I have never had to empty my bladder whilst not having a clear line of site to my manhood not to mention the fact that my suit is so wide that I probably wouldn't be able to use standard toilet facilities anyway. Don't want to be getting too close to the other guys and defo wont fit in a standard cubical. Disabled toilets are probably the only real option here.

If your undersuit is a morph suit, why not cut it in half so its like pants and a shirt and just have parachute clips conecting the pieces on the cod piece. Easy unclip then pull of your pants problem solved!

My plan is to have the belt/cod on a belt, and have the thigh pieces attach via clam-shell so they can be removed without having to take the boots off. The undersuit will be jogging pants and an Underarmour shirt, so once the belt and thigh pieces are off that should give me enough freedom of movement to take care of business should I need to sit. For the stand-up job, possibly just have the cod plate on a hinge as well so it can just be lifted out of the way.

i plan on doing it the same way i did most of my other armors. 2 piece undersuit, attaching the cod and thighs to a belt system but ill be able to unbuckle the belt and just have the codpiece hanging there. roll downpants and pee away. for the other one, id do quick release shins and thighs just in case. i never go with a one piece undersuit unless i can modify the fly or i use a flight suit which has a full length zipper that you can use the bottom zipper.

My cod is connected to my ab "undersuit" so I had to either wiggle my way into it. Then I found a smarter solution.:
422351_4126656498587_1865899195_n.jpg

Also, I wear a two piece longjohns underneath so it's pretty easy.

I'm imagining a row of peeing Spartans and just giggling to myself.

I've not even started my build yet, but until I buy/make an undersuit I've been considering leggings/trousers with a separate top. For lassies I'd imagine either gently sitting the bits on the floor, or on the sanitary bin (with a layer of TP between the bin and armours).

If you're in a full bodysuit I'd say U513 has it right, disabled loo. Though personally I'm not big on using it. Only other option I suppose is taking a buddy in with you to hold all the gubbins while you do your business.

Just do it like Ironman and do it in the suit lol Just kidding, It something your gonna have to figure out, I sweat to death in my suit so luckily I haven't had to test the theory but Im not wearing a morph suit so just lift the cod /belt up and go............

I got a suit of odst and I just have unbuckle the waist section and go to town. it's just weird to see a row of cod/waists pieces hanging over doors. and yes my waist has buckle's that run to my thighs so it's hard to sit in it, which add more trouble to the whole restroom problem.

again I scroll through the forums and find something to answer one of my biggest questions, and im with derodius you 405th members who can hold your bladder for extended periods of time, you all have skill and I salute you all for having said skills.

again I scroll through the forums and find something to answer one of my biggest questions, and im with derodius you 405th members who can hold your bladder for extended periods of time, you all have skill and I salute you all for having said skills.

I dunno about these guys, but on a regular day I can ignore the need for hours, while gaming eating and watching terrible TV.

Cue crowds and such and suddenly I'm like a small dog. I'll go before I leave the house, I'll go once I arrive, well I've just eaten better go again, op took another sip time to go to the loo.

I can't imagine how it must be for folks in armour though. Out of some gross curiosity, I'm wondering how many folks have been in armour, getting photos taken and behind the visor are just clenching their teeth and sweating. (And I'm giggling again. You'd think I was three, not twenty three.)

Personally, I include a fly in almost every costume I do. My Vader had a quick release on one side of the cod for just such a reason.

Best story of my life. I walked into a con bathroom and up to the urinals. I had my helmet on, so I couldn't see much. At the urinal, I popped the side of the cod off and flipped it out of the way, unzipped, and did my thing. At that moment, I heard some kid (at the other end with his dad) say, "So, that's how he does it!"

Cute and awkward...

"so that's how he does it."

man if I had a dollar everytime I heard that i'd be rich.

and the con I went to three year's back. I had to go, so I started running for the john, I had an AR so it looked like I was rushing an gun, ran into the john, it was full so I had to run to the next one which was about nine hundred yards away, and it was packed too. so when I had made it there(didn't know security was looking for me know.) I did my thing, open to door and found five guards standing out side looking at me like they where going to kill me. popped my helmet told them I had to take a #### and they started laughing. a kid walked in and his dad went "okay it's time to go." and I was free to go, I just couldn't run with my gun and trigger figure in the housing.

I don't have that problem in my suit I'm building but i picked up a Neoprene suit for my full armor set in the planning stages and getting a zipper sowed into it just for that reason that might be an option for you. Since there is a armor piece in the way it shouldn't be seen.

I think the best preplanning for this problem among other problems of the same nature is that of X-robots. His semi rigid ideas make complete removal very quick and i think should be able to reproduce it for a Spartan costume.

This reminds of that time at job corps when I got stuck in a hazmat suit. We were called off center to remove asbestos siding and insulation from a house (surprise, surprise. It's part of a painter's job). My instructor wanted to teach us how to do it and volunteered us for the job. I'm only 5'2" and suits are made for people much taller than me. Long story short, when we got done and I tried to pull the zipper down it got stuck and broke. I was stuck in it for 5 hours before they decided my life was more important than the suit. Let's just say I have never run so fast in my life.

"Wanna know how I use the restroom with the suit on?..........Just like that"- Tony Stark

that could get messy as I have never had to empty my bladder whilst not having a clear line of site to my manhood not to mention the fact that my suit is so wide that I probably wouldn't be able to use standard toilet facilities anyway.
That's when you play "look how far I can get from the urinal without letting a drop hit the floor" haha advantages for the male population. Truly stumped for females, my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back