Quick Chest Scaling Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimdog14

I've spent a decent amount of time trying to hunt this down in the scaling FAQ sections, but couldn't seem to find it. On a Mark VI FLYING SQUIRL chest plate, is the largest measurement side to side from shoulder joint to shoulder joint, or up and down from mid-abdomen to a couple inches above the shoulder? People seem to measure from shoulder to shoulder, but the longest measurement to me looks like it's up and down, simply because of the added inches from where the back and front connect. Thanks and sorry, I just want to make sure before I print and pep out the whole thing.
ekgwvb.jpg

Attachments

• ekgwvb.jpg
    ekgwvb.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 112
with the file open in pep, go to the 2d side right click and select measure distance between two points. I believe pep measures from the outer most edge to outer most edge. what I do is input my scale number in pep and then select measure distance between two points, select my two points in pep I keep them the same( make a list of armor names and write down the measurements) I do this until I am happy with the measurements. I also go to the 2d menu tab select check for overlapping parts , move stuff around if needed. I edit the flaps on the tiny edges if needed, print preview to make sure the pep outline is with in your print space on your paper settings.

hope this helps, unless you are one of the lucky few, you are going to compromise somewhere. either in the height, in the width or depth. good luck and remember if you find a measurement that works write it down for future reference. be as detailed as you want.

Thanks you helped a bunch! I was unaware of that function in Pepakura.

your welcome. I forgot to mention I do this with an unfolded file, I believe the function is not available with it not unfolded. good luck with your armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back