How toxic is it? What kind of precautions should I take when working with it? Gloves, breathing mask, goggles? Will it do any harm if I get i on my skin? When working with it, how much effort should I put into not breathing it?
Resin isnt meant to be used everyday, because even with the proper protection it will still harm you.
Wear Gloves (It burns your skin if it gets on. You dont want blotches all over your skin from the chemical burns)
Wear a mask (the fumes are extremely toxic, and can give you lung cancer if you dont use the proper safety precautions)
Wear goggles (Yes, the fumes are even toxic for your eyes. You can go blind from the stuff)
As long as you wear the proper protection you are good to go, and making stuff out of resin is really fun.
What kind of mask would you recommend? I got started resining last night, but all I had was a disposable mask for yard work and such, so I wore that. I was kind of paranoid though, so I held my breath and ran out of the garage each time I had to breathe.
I have another question. I resined my helmet a while ago (Few days) and it still smells like resin. After all the safety mask stuff and the gloves and all that I used to put the resin on, I'm hesitant to put my head in the thing if it still smells. Is it okay to breathe it after it's dried and cured?