Soft Parts Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilsy28

I have a quick question on the visor part of the helmet. I was wondering if it would be possible to fiberglass/ resin the visor of the helmet and then take the paper off after the fiberglass is dry (this might sound confusing) Wouldn't that make the visor clear and see-through?

bilsy28 said:
I have a quick question on the visor part of the helmet. I was wondering if it would be possible to fiberglass/ resin the visor of the helmet and then take the paper off after the fiberglass is dry (this might sound confusing) Wouldn't that make the visor clear and see-through?

no it wouldn't work already did an experiment your better off buying a real visor and it will be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
timecon said:
no it wouldn't work already did an experiment your better off buying a real visor and it will be worth it.

Alright, Thanks I didn't want to waste resin in trying it, also has anyone tried using a paintball visor?

timecon said:
For sure. Any visability you'd get from making a fiberglass visor would be slim to none.

try looking up and getting a "thermal face shield replacement." these look like your standard face shield except they have that iridescent gold/purple coating. You can see straight through it but seeing as your helmet is dark on the inside you will not be able to see into it. all you have to do is cut out your pattern directly out of the shield with a razor blade or a coping saw and then reinforce the visor area of the helmet (preferably with metal but something like masonite or plumber's tape should work). I'm gonna be doing this for mine. All you need to put the design onto the visor afterwards - if you're going for MARK VI of course - is to go to your local auto parts store and get some automotive tinting, 20% VLT should so it. Just cut it into strips and place them directly onto the front of the shield (neatness counts!!). That oughta do it for ya and it'll probably be cheaper than paying for a vacuuformed gilded visor.

why can't you figure it out?

its two motorcycle helmet visors.

you MIGHT be able to get by with two face shield, but good luck finding them with the gold tint.

There's a decent tutorial on YouTube regarding the face plate. Here's the link.
Halo Costume Tutorial #3 - MKVI Helmet
It goes into a few other constrution details as well. You're looking at spending around $30 - $40 on the face plate using this method. I'm not sure how much you were looking at.

I'm having a huge problem finding something like a thermal face shield replacement, but flat, so I can cut it to make an ODST visor, can anyone help?

crazy awesome. i am unsure of what you are asking.... do you want a flat sheet of plastic? or an actual face sheild from a motorcycle?

CommanderFluffy said:
crazy awesome. i am unsure of what you are asking.... do you want a flat sheet of plastic? or an actual face sheild from a motorcycle?

Flat piece of plastic, but I might have someone make one for me(visor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back