Props Quick221's Guide to Personalized ONI Badges!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quick221

Hey 405th!

I was browsing the interwebz and while I was doing so, I found this:
2e0ohoo.png

Yep, you probably guessed it, that's Dr Halsey's (here, downscaled to 25% original size) ONI security badge or, well, I assume the texture for it. It was then that I remembered, "My SPARTAN character has a certain ONI status... I could make a personalized badge!" Then I figured, after finding a few values and such I decided to start this thread.

Original Image
The link to the original image is conveniently here. It's a decent resolution and it didn't take me long to work out the typeface and even the font size of the name label text.
The typeface of the badge is Agency FB. I, for some reason didn't have it despite thinking I had and I managed to get it
(rather quickly) from a font site.

The next couple posts will be reserved for instructions!

Attachments

• 2e0ohoo.png
    2e0ohoo.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 891

Step 1: Digital Formatting! (Font size and colour)

I have created a blank template of the badge located here (JPEG version here). For ease of editing, I also made this layout guide (JPEG version here). For this step, I recommend you use an image editor such as Gimp, Paint.net or Photoshop.
In your preferred image editing software, load the blank template and import the layout guide as a separate layer.

Then, As per the diagram below, input the required values (I suggest fitting the text within the height of the layout guide boxes):
dy29gk.png

You may wish add in a custom barcode. In my example, I got a personalized barcode here and scaled it to fit within the layout guide.

Here is my example:
p9mr9.png

Next step, printing it out!

Attachments

• dy29gk.png
    dy29gk.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 394
  • p9mr9.png
    p9mr9.png
    934.1 KB · Views: 796
peterthethinker, I'm not sure why that error would have shown up... I may put up JPEG versions as the original image was a JPEG I believe.
A Small Question...

Now, I've been thinking about the rear side of the badge, my primary thought is to simply have it blank (just the outline of the badge but mirrored) but could I put the 405th logo on the back?

Please, anyone who knows, please answer this question. I'm somewhat desperate for phase 2...

Thanks for reading,
This is 221, signing off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back