R.I.P Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
wha...what!? *gets Google confirmation*
So sad. Truly amazing that such a forward looking individual could have such a short time on this earth. God bless him and his family. Thank you for your vision Mr. Jobs! :')

He was definitely a visionary in his time here, and he will be missed. Thoughts go out to his family and friends. R.I.P. Steve Jobs.

Steve was a great man..not a god, but none the less a great man.
He has inspired a lot, brought us so much.
The world will be less interesting without him.. and will be suffering a large loss.

In all my time on the internet since gizmodo, I have utterly and completely hated them. They were jerks, they were trolls, they were terrible people. But when it came to the death of someone that they had screwed over, that hated them... they showed kindness. They honored him and didnt say anything overly negative and overall, while i still hate gizmodo... they are only human, and that was shown.

RIP Steve Jobs... you will be forever missed... You were great... rest in peace

god dammit..i was so f*****g pissed about this..im really gonna miss him :c rest, my good man...

While I may not be a Mac person, I still esteem Steve Jobs very highly.
He did what very few people could dream of doing.
RIP: Steve Jobs

A question still lingers, how will his sucsessor handle the job?

I posted this on MSNBC's article on their page, as well as my Facebook status, but this deserves to be here as well...

I'm a PC...and I'm still sad that Steve Jobs is gone. For as much as I am a PC guy (my main beef with Apple products is only program compatibility), I can proudly admit that it took Steve Jobs and Apple to force the personal computer to be easy enough for the world to use. And with that, so much has happened because of it. I can almost guarantee you, if computers had not gotten as easy to use and maintain as they did by the early 90s, the Internet and the World Wide Web would NEVER have become the monster that it is now.

(Raising glass of Dr. Pepper here in salute...)

Who can say if we've been changed for the better...but because we knew you, Mr. Jobs, we have been changed for good.

I am by no means a Mac user or fan. Today is a sad day for the computer industry. All the "i... Whatevers" really did set the bar, and push all other companies to get there ducks in a row, and come-up with some competition. I really wonder if his replacement will be up to snuff, and be able to carry Apple into th future.

god dammit..i was so f*****g pissed about this..im really gonna miss him :c rest, my good man...

Off topic....Please watch your language while on the forum. On topic....I really didn't know a lot about this guy to be honest. But a death is still a death non the less and is never a good thing. He seemed to be a genuine person from all the videos and articles I have seen and read. R.I.P. sir.

from what i heard and read, the dude and his cohorts are pretty much responsible for the birth of the common digital age. that's a pretty big mantle to bear, but he was an exemplary figure in life, both living to his full potential and a shining visionary, sharing all he had with others. he bore it well... sadly, the brightest flame always burns the quickest. it's a shame there are not more people in the world like him, maybe it wouldn't be as screwed up as it is...

As a computer scientist Steve's passing pains me. He is one of the men responsible for putting a computer in every home - an pillar of modern computing. As a cancer survivor my heart is broken because he was not able to win his battle. We have all been affected by the changes in technology his vision created. He will be greatly missed. Rest in peace Mr. Jobs, thank you for making computing available and cool.

I am by no means a Mac user or fan. Today is a sad day for the computer industry. All the "i... Whatevers" really did set the bar, and push all other companies to get there ducks in a row, and come-up with some competition. I really wonder if his replacement will be up to snuff, and be able to carry Apple into th future.

Not only did he work for apple. He was a pioneer. WIthout him I even doubt the 3d industry would be as it is now. (he also helpt founding PIXAR)
Wich helped develop alot of programs for autodesk. (pixology) Without him we probably didn't have these assets to make pep files. Think about that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back