Rate My N00B Armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phranksizzle

Allright, so first and foremost I have never done this before. I got a lot of great advice on here. I used cardboard and duct tape as well as buckles straps and foam inserts to keep things in place. The worst possible thing I could have done was FIBERGLASS THE OUTSIDE of the suit. I didn't sand it and went straight to painting it so the first night I was poking/scratching people. Another thing, I spent WAY too much time trying to create depth, after I fiberglassed it, almost all of the detail was gone except for the major stuff. Also, the suit was way too clunky and nobody knew who I was. Except for the guys. I got "Megaman" or "Sub Zero" a lot. Shoulda stuck with the green. Hindsight is always 20/20. It took me about 40 hours and a week to do this. I didn't put a visor because I couldn't see clearly, and if you're going out on halloween, you need to be able to see all the costumes. That's the best part!

Anyway, what do y'all think?

Here's when I primed it.

And here is the final product.

IT's rather basic, but we get the idea. I would highly recommend trying pep files, they'll make your life a WHOLE lot easier, plus your armor will look a ton more accurate. I'm a total noob too, so I'm not judging, just trying to offer advice! And yes, I wouldn't fibergalss the outside. bad news.

Boba Fett said:
IT's rather basic, but we get the idea. I would highly recommend trying pep files, they'll make your life a WHOLE lot easier, plus your armor will look a ton more accurate. I'm a total noob too, so I'm not judging, just trying to offer advice! And yes, I wouldn't fibergalss the outside. bad news.

I forgot to mention that I wasn't going for the exact halo look, which is why I chose the different color... always tryin' to be different, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. A visor might improve the look some more. It won't make the helmet look so tall. For a firt try, though, it's not too bad. Besides, it's for halloween. Who cares? Now you can make a kick-#@@ suit for next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back