Raziel1981's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks mates... idk bout rondo... just have to test that into the old helm...

as of today, im gonna pep me a pair of boots..yey!

finally, got started on resining the helm... 1st coating on the outside... just have to wait for it to cure then i'll start resining the inside...

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

finished resining my helm, 2 coats outside, 1 coat inside...

took off the visor, and trimmed the bottom to fit my head...

IMG_1494-1.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

hopefully i get to fiberglass it tomorrow...

For the tribal designs i would say use a fine hotglue gun, and just draw the designs on the helm that way, easiest /fastest way to make them. And can look good if you do some practice first.

Ender06 said:
For the tribal designs i would say use a fine hotglue gun, and just draw the designs on the helm that way, easiest /fastest way to make them. And can look good if you do some practice first.

im thinking of using bondo.... i'll make a tribal pattern on some piece of cardstock, trace em out, then fill it with bondo, and quickly take the pattern out b4 the bondo dries... that way the bondo will get the shape of the pattern and just sand down the detail... voila! instant tribal design on the crown :cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Your helmet is looking nice! :) I used a different model for mine.

As for the design on the spikes, there is probably a number of ways to do it. I actually have my own idea. Not sure how well it's going to work, but if it turns out the way I like it, then I will share it with everyone else as I don't think I have seen anybody else use this method. Right now, it's my secret plan! lol

As for hardening the spikes from the inside, what I planned on doing was soaking strips of fiberglass in resin then allow the excess to drip off, then using something long like a pencil, I was going to use it to shove the fiberglass deep inside the spike. You can try that if you are afraid to try the expanding foam since, if not used carefully, can destroy your project! D: I HAVE seen pictures of peoples stuff ruined from that stuff.........it's not pretty! XD

yeah, dont want to use that expanding foam since i dont know how to use it and might ruined my helm... all in a weeks work.. gone...

i also thought of using the hot glue method to design the spikes... but then again, my hands are too shaky for me to actually put a design on those...

as of today, im thinking of cutting my helm into two, so that the insides of the spikes will be visible for me to put fiberglass on them and also i need to adjust the depth of my helm.. it fits exactly into my head with no allowances...

i'll post pics as soon as i started fiberglassing it.

i've cut my helm in half, so i can easily fiberglass inside the spikes... here's the pics..

sorry for the low quality cam phone pics.

this is where im getting ready to fiberglass. laid out the fiber to the resined pieces.

Photo-0043.jpg

Photo-0045.jpg

done with fiberglassing.

Photo-0043-1.jpg

Photo-0046.jpg

Photo-0047.jpg

next step is to put it back together... and fix some sizing issues...

put the 2 pieces together with strips of fiberglass inside, and bondoed the outside... painted primer grey.

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

me wearing it. it is tight across the brow when i put it, the edge of the mask is pushing against my brow... need more adjustment on the size i guess...

IMG_1526.jpg

Nice! I like the idea of cutting it in half to fiberglass the spikes.

It doesn't even look like you cut it in half.

i never thought of cutting it in half in the first place... but then again, i need to fix its size. when i finished resining it, it seems to have shrunk a little and when i tried it on, it doesn't fit me anymore...

so i decided to cut it in half in order to add some extra space so i can fit it in and when i saw that the inside of the spikes where visible, thats when i decide to fiberglass it and put it back together after its been glassed...

i think i may have done a good job on putting it back together :coolthe cuts I've made doesn't seem to be very visible... :D

what do you think guys? just need a little smoothing.

Once you bondo that thing, I bet it's gonna look nice! You can't even tell that you split it in half the way you did. You put it back together nicely. :)

Not to get off topic, but I have finally started back on mine and am working on redoing the shoulders. I just printed everything out last night and hope to start on it soon. :)

raziel1981 said:
idk if rondo is available here in the philippines... what would be the best alternative besides rondo?

NO WAY!I was born in the phillipiens but i moved to australia

HaloGoddess said:
Once you bondo that thing, I bet it's gonna look nice! You can't even tell that you split it in half the way you did. You put it back together nicely. :)

Not to get off topic, but I have finally started back on mine and am working on redoing the shoulders. I just printed everything out last night and hope to start on it soon. :)

yeah, just need to buy body filler.. im out. lols... after bondo and paint im almost done... just need to find a good reference picture of the details on the crown, i just want it to be accurate on the details....

XxMr SlopigxX said:
NO WAY!I was born in the phillipiens but i moved to australia

hey man, another pinoy on the forums... lols... glad to meet you here kabayan... :lol

Nice helm, though my own personal advice would have been to re-do the helm slightly bigger. Fibreglass tends to eat up at the 'padding' space you'll need later, and if it's tight now it'll be nigh-impossible for you to get a visor and such in.

Nice work, though. Puts my Hayabusa attempts to shame.

Arcanine said:
Nice helm, though my own personal advice would have been to re-do the helm slightly bigger. Fibreglass tends to eat up at the 'padding' space you'll need later, and if it's tight now it'll be nigh-impossible for you to get a visor and such in.

Nice work, though. Puts my Hayabusa attempts to shame.

that's what im going to figure out when i put the visor...maybe im not going to put it inside... im going to put it just parallel to the edge of the eye area....

btw, i have something to show all of you... i've got this through my late grandparents... just something to stab those elites... :cool

IMG_1527.jpg

raziel1981 said:
that's what im going to figure out when i put the visor...maybe im not going to put it inside... im going to put it just parallel to the edge of the eye area....

btw, i have something to show all of you... i've got this through my late grandparents... just something to stab those elites... :cool

IMG_1527.jpg

Hey! I plan on buying a real sword to complete my costume too! :pIt's pretty cheap too! :D

Also, as for those details on the crown.........I think I have JUST the thing! I'll try and take some good pictures of what I have and show you. I plan on using it as reference for my helmet too. :)

crunchbite said:
dude nice helm

thanks man. :lol

HaloGoddess said:
Hey! I plan on buying a real sword to complete my costume too! :pIt's pretty cheap too! :D

Also, as for those details on the crown.........I think I have JUST the thing! I'll try and take some good pictures of what I have and show you. I plan on using it as reference for my helmet too. :)

hopefully we could cross swords when we complete our costumes... :lol but that'll never happen coz were in a different country...

i hope your details on the crown are accurate as of the game itself... i plan on doing as accurate as it can be i just need to find a good reference material of the details on the crown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back