Raziel1981's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

For attaching the hayabusa chest piece, you could also try imbedding several magnets into one piece and small metal plates or large washers into the other. This would allow you to attach the pieces together quickly. Also, if you want to wear just the standard MKVI chest, you won’t have any holes in it from the bolts.

raziel i'm rebuilding my helmet,hehe... junked the almost finished one....

because i saw some non-symmetrical area on it...lol

i'll post pics on my thread asap...

anyway you are doing great on your armour... i can't wait to see it build.

xX_Wh3n3_I_Sc0p3_Xx said:
Look's great,

I can't wait to see it with the busa on,

Awesome job!

Scope.

thanks i think i'll do the add ons last.

Dark said:
Great work. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

For attaching the hayabusa chest piece, you could also try imbedding several magnets into one piece and small metal plates or large washers into the other. This would allow you to attach the pieces together quickly. Also, if you want to wear just the standard MKVI chest, you won’t have any holes in it from the bolts.

im planning to put holes where its not seen. :D

le-yo-ra said:
raziel i'm rebuilding my helmet,hehe... junked the almost finished one....

because i saw some non-symmetrical area on it...lol

i'll post pics on my thread asap...

anyway you are doing great on your armour... i can't wait to see it build.

oh i see, sorry for your loss man. hope the new one will be better :D

no new updates just some planning in my head that i cant get over with... lols

so i plan on doing the add ons last. next i'll be doing is the HD shoulder pieces made by robogenesis. i asked brothers darkness to re-unfold it for me to make it a smooth one. since im not actually good at pepping and it takes me a great deal of time just to pep, hopefully the smooth unfold by brothers will make it easier for me to work with. i'll put up some pics after im done pepping the shoulder pieces. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the Double post but i have...

Updates:

Finished pepping the Left shoulder by robogenesis unfold by ral partha, re-unfold by Brothers Darkness.

tomorrow i'll pep the right part.

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

Boba Fett said:
Great pep work there! Perfectly clean! This suit is gonna be bad@$$ once done...

thanks man, and thanks to Brothers Darkness, he re-unfold the ones by robogenesis and make it a smooth unfold so its easier to work with. thanks to him i only did this today... normally it would take me 3 days to finish a piece lol.

raziel1981 said:
finished pepping my helmet...

i think its a bit large for me... dont you think?

angular view

IMG_0954-1.jpg

front view

IMG_0955-1.jpg

side view (its way too big for me when its in this view)

IMG_0956-1.jpg

I know i'm a bit late... as of being new to this forum. I was thinking when you said that this was too large, that if your going to wear this when your done, this is near perfect size. As I read, I saw you realized the problem that you get less and less room as you work. And when your finished, you'll still need a bit extra room for padding, visor, etc... But another thing I noticed; the back is supposed to be kinda large. If you look at in-game photos, (and if you can look past the poor posture of the spartans...) you can see that the bulk of the armor makes this oversize unnoticable. But, of course in real life, the armor has a lot less bulk. So in conclusion, you were right to size down the back... but not the rest of the helmet. I don't know much else, seeing as I didn't actually read the whole thread (yes, I admit it).

But I just want you to know, this is all meant to be positive reinforcment to you for your next build. And to be honest, I didn't actually KNOW it would shrink, but I did have a thought that it might. But, on the other hand, it was a great build overall. Very nice work on your part.

(Just as something else to say... I am also making a hayabusa helm. It is going to be a clay model. It's scale is a lot smaller, and (becauase I started it as a idea for a mask-only) it has a few disproportioned part. I may start a thread on my model; but since it is not a big project, I probobly will not. At some point, I will post some progress pics and completion pics for the gallery.

I look forward to watching your next build when you get to it.

well as all of us know, fiberglass tends to eat up space inside the helmet. layers of fiberglass would cause the space inside to somewhat shrunk a little and of course not to mention the padding will be there also and the visor. so it all adds up to the space inside the helmet.

i did redo my helmet and scale it down to the right size, but after i fiberglassed it, the fiberglass eats up space inside and i cant even fit inside it, so i have to cut it in half to adjust the size so it would fit.

It's pretty sweet what you did there. I get chances at work to work with fiberglass, so I know a bit about it. But I personally don't have the time and money to make an armor kit. I did make an assault rifle though. It turned out bad, so I'm not gonna post it. =(

But seriously, have you noticed that about the helmet? Even after your done working, it should have some extra size on the outside. This is only in-game as far as I can see though. The McFarlane figures and most real life helms don't have this extra room to make up for the bulk of the armor. I think Bungie put that in to make the helmet look right so it didn't seem like the head was too small for the armor. But the figures and real life builds don't seem to need this compensation.

well in real life if you put enough space in the back, i think it'll just bump into the chest armor or the ring neck piece of the hayabusa torso and that will minimize movement on the neck area which is bad. you dont like wearing armor that might cause you a stiff neck are you? :lol just a thought.

This is probably one of the better Hayabusa builds I've seen around here. You paid a lot of attention to detail on your helmet and chest piece and didn't settle for the easy way to get things done. Not to mention, taking things one piece at a time is a great way to structure your building. Cheering you on from the sidelines mate. Continue the kick ass work.

- Adulese

I would use some gray airbrush on your all black armor to add a bit of contrast. If you leave it all black you will loose the details. Paint the undercuts and add a bit of accents to the armor to make it pop. I would also add some LEDs to make it really sweet. Great job so far.

I am absolutely blown away by this!!! This is certianly the route I want to go! I may be coming to you with some help every now and then :) So well done! I love it!

El1te

Ooh looks really cool, and for me a nightmare to pep:D

but looks like you do a great wor i cant to see it painted and finished

That is one AWESOME lookin BUSA!!! Cmon I'm lookin forward to another update. Your PEP skillz are awesome, so crisp & precise

Tucow said:
I would ty it with Rondo "its also called Mud" in a Injection.But i dont now,if it works.Or you try by the way i do on my helmet.you take some wire and overflow it with rondo.But don´t try this the first time on your Hayabusa helm.Take some paper to training. you can also look at my thread at German CQB Helmet,how i do it. Sorry for my bad englisch cause i am from Germany.

Rondo will save your life!

anyway, good luck on your build PM me if you need my help with the exact proportions for the Rondo

ps

I can speak German too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back