Props Reach Ar Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
drgon47 said:
Bought it ;)

drgon47, you MUST make a video of your cnc router creating that piece of work you made. Even a 2x speed or 10x speed of it being created. I just need to see it in action.

Not to get personal or anything but what do you do for a living? What is your job and if I may ask how old are you? If these questions are too impolite then disregard everything I have asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all. I worked at a CNC machine shop, setting up, running and doing maintenance one Cincom Automatic Lathes for 4 years. Then got laid off. Im 22. Still looking for a job, but no luck yet. Been out of work for a year.

Dude. If this works out for you, I'm gonna have to float you some cash, and have you pop one of those bad boys out for me.

God Bless texas, baby. (butter-up butter-up) :p

drgon47 said:
Not at all. I worked at a CNC machine shop, setting up, running and doing maintenance one Cincom Automatic Lathes for 4 years. Then got laid off. Im 22. Still looking for a job, but no luck yet. Been out of work for a year.

You're 22 and own a CNC machine? Oh man!

Some youngsters are highly motivated... I had 2 cars, a GSXR 750, and a commercial grade mig welder when I was 22. Though, I think I'd have tossed them all for one of those CarveWright thingys.

drgon47 said:

I am 21, but I am gonna have to say for 22, you are incredibly talented and you must have some serious money to go and spend on a 3k machine. Just a couple more questions... Do you use wood for your cnc machine? and then after the prop is done do you mold it and if you do mold it, do you mold it the same way that thor molds his peps?

I have tried out a variety of materials. Precision board, MDF, Perfect Pine, and I have some Renn Shape samples Im going to be playing around with this week. Ive also lightly dabbled in steel and aluminum. Im hoping to get this thing machined quick, but Im really struggling to get a job, or some sort of income. And materials, especially the higher grade stuff isnt cheap. Im also looking into developing a homebrew DMLS machine. Direct Metal Laser Sintering. Think printable chrome cobalt iron man suit. Ill leave you to think about that for awhile :p

BADASS!!

By far the most awesomest Reach AR I've seen!

Since youn don't have a job yet, I suggest doing a cnc only when you are ok in funds. We don't need you to go broke and homeless just for a prop.

Take you time and you'll have a few made over time.

I really do hope you find a job. Where I live, the work is all dried up.

-Pony

god damn, thats some great computer skills

i may just have to build this

do you have 2d sketch ups of this or cad versions

o_O

Good Luck on Job hunting, I think I can speak for everyone when I say you have our best wishes.

And I agree on the video thing...I would LOVE to see a video of your CNC Machine making this, even at 10X speed...

I took Computer Integrated Manufacturing Last Year in High School...it was an amazingly fun class. CNC machines are really awesome to work with, but very complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back