Reach Brute Chieftain discussion and supply list

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripNineFX

Hey 405th

Im in need of assistance of getting quality references of the Reach Chieftain more specifically the Mcfarlane figure ,I would buy one but Im not really a collector of figures and 40 bucks is pretty expensive. So if someone here owns a opened Reach Chieftain wouldn't mind taking pics of everything beside a ruler for scaling
List of pics needed:
F,B,S views unarmed and standing up straight
Feet dimension
Close ups of each armor piece including helmet
Grav Hammer next to Brute to determine scale.
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps,don't know if they should posted or just emailed to me Ill leave that to the person/s.

Now some questions or topics:

1.What fabric should I use for the cloth area of the torso,Im looking for something that has embossed diamonds or similar,Looking for some ideas about it.
2. The eyes ,is it the helmet that makes them glow?

3. I'm 6'2 over 300lbs and wide bodied,so Im wondering if the blue or pink rigid foam would support my weight for height extension.Ideas?

4. I've searched for ideas on making articulate hands,but they all seemed to have a weak grip, need some input.

5.Plan on using foam for the armor and hammer.

6.Still going through ideas about the head,but I need that in front of me so I can determine eye hole placement and jaw rig

7.Plan on starting in Jan 2014 or if I get my Xmas gifts early (Tools and Supplies)

So basically right now I want to stockpile supplies and materials.that way I can just build and not sit and wait for packages or funds.

Any and all input is fine

I've never seen anyone think about making a Brute Chieftan.
You could use some stilts if you want to look taller. They would for sure hold up.
You should also get some football padding to make yourself huge-er. Chieftans are massive.
You would also need a way to make your legs look thicker. Otherwise you would look akward with pencil legs and a huge torso.

Hope this helps!

If you have access to the Blender 3D program, I can send you the actual in-game assets (models and textures) for reference.

I've never seen anyone think about making a Brute Chieftan.
You could use some stilts if you want to look taller. They would for sure hold up.
You should also get some football padding to make yourself huge-er. Chieftans are massive.
You would also need a way to make your legs look thicker. Otherwise you would look akward with pencil legs and a huge torso.

Hope this helps!

Yeah I know Brute build threads start and die before anything finish.
I Thinking on doing a DIY drywall stilt and pink rigid foam board combo for stability and bulk,Comments?
Furniture Foam? for muscle mass to make me look huge.

If you have access to the Blender 3D program, I can send you the actual in-game assets (models and textures) for reference.

Not real tech savvy when it comes to 3D programs but I guess just using it as a viewer wouldn't be a problem, I'll pm my email and thanks in advance.

Try ebay for the figure, there cheaper unopened and you can re-sell it afterwards - hell i might even buy it :)

A friend did an amazing job a few years ago on halloween with movie props and effects to turn himself into a wolfman - the face was quite similar to a Brute and wouldnt have taken much to mod it, Or if your doing a helm try a stalker and simply attach a scratch built lower jaw to it almost like a faceplate - to look at it would be pretty good + wearable.

Id personally go more towards scaling the costume to your size instead of trying to add too much height - none of us are 7ft tall but the armour on here still looks great

Yes the helmets make the eyes glow :)

With the hands what exactly are you thinking? Cos if your going to extend your arms reach with robotic hands your getting to levels of engineering thats pretty intense by anyones standards

Hope this helps, Chris

have you looked into the brute that was in the halo 3 odst short?
Yes I have and it peaked my interests in a Chieftain build for years

Try ebay for the figure, there cheaper unopened and you can re-sell it afterwards - hell i might even buy it :)

A friend did an amazing job a few years ago on halloween with movie props and effects to turn himself into a wolfman - the face was quite similar to a Brute and wouldnt have taken much to mod it, Or if your doing a helm try a stalker and simply attach a scratch built lower jaw to it almost like a faceplate - to look at it would be pretty good + wearable.

Id personally go more towards scaling the costume to your size instead of trying to add too much height - none of us are 7ft tall but the armour on here still looks great

Yes the helmets make the eyes glow :)

With the hands what exactly are you thinking? Cos if your going to extend your arms reach with robotic hands your getting to levels of engineering thats pretty intense by anyones standards

Hope this helps, Chris

Thanks to blackout11c for the 3D files it looks like I wont need a figure.
My plan is to sculpt and cast the head in mask latex,goal is to also have the jaw be articulate.
Im already about 6'2" so with the feet ,head,and helmet I might reach 7' give or take a inch or two.Not full scale but close enough be at least taller than most of the Spartans out there.
I running a few thing through mind about the hands
You'd want to make sure the foam doesn't make you squishy. A squishy Brute would probably not be what you would want.

Yeah I have different density foams the "squishy"foam will be used in movement and comfort areas.

Although my mind set on doing a Reach Brute,what would you all want to see done? just curious.

Halo 3 Brute or Reach Brute

Go here for scale, it helps. http://aries0083-action-figure-blo...o-reach-size-comparison-look-at-halo.html?m=1 I always thought this was a good brute you could modify football gear for this.
etatasem.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Attachments

• etatasem.jpg
    etatasem.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 287
Hey all just letting you know I a,m not abandoning this build,I will do either a timeline or WIP build thread, maybe combo of both?sometime after the New Year
right now I've started an attempt at the underskull and jaw rig,vision will be through the mouth
thanks to those that helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back