Reach Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HushB170

Jr Member
Hello, I am new to the site as a member and i thought id share my first attempt at halo armor. I have a question about which fiberglass/fiberglass resin to use if i am using a compressed cardboard base with hot glue, so whoever has insights i would greatly appreciate the input. here are some images of the helmet, which is a mark V B variant. most of the suit is at the same stage as the helmet, so hope you enjoy!

http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x358/HushB170/

looks great so far.im not very knowledgable in the topic of resin vs "paper types". however the resin is aplied to card stock, which is basicaly just thick paper, and cardboard is just paper as well.so i would think the same resin used for pepakura armor would be used for ur cardboard armor.i know others have resined peices that were assymbled with hot glue, and it worked, so best advice i can give is search the stickies, and do a bit of research . the helmet looks great tho. keep up the good work.

and welcome to the 405th..great place filled w great people that are willing to share there combined knowledge with the masses;)

Update: Its been forever, but thats just because ive been too lazy to post anything :p. Anyways my armor is almost ready for resin, i just gotta make the foot covers. Here are some pics of me wearing the top half. ill post pics of the bottom half as soon as i can wear those pieces without them falling off. Also the shoulder is a EVA/Commando Variant so keep that in mind. Hope you guys enjoy!

Photo116.jpg

Photo115.jpg

Photo114.jpg

Photo113.jpg

Photo112.jpg

Also, the helmet has no padding so doesnt fit right on the ol noggin!

Dude the armor looks fantatstic, your attention to detail is top-notch, but what I'm noticing is how BIG you look in it. I'm wondering if it's the effect of the armo or are you a real life SPARTAN III.

Awesome Job HushB170! I was waiting for an update on this. I still love your method on making the armor. I wanted to try it, I just can't fine the stuff locally and I'm not real sure what its called either. Anyways,Great job on everything so far.

Terribly I like these pictures, I hope that I might as well go work because I started to do a helmet halo reach

Thanks for the comments everybody, Im glad to get some feedback :D. here are some more pics of the lower body pieces, again i cant easily wear them without them falling off so right now i just have individual pics. Also just on a side note, my pressure suit arrived and fits me perfectly! same with the tactical gloves and balaclava i ordered, and i will post pics of those as soon as i go back to my parents house. Another thing, i will be doing knee guards soon and shoe covers are on their way! Enjoy
The hand guards (A bit mark 6 like, but i like them more than the reach)
Photo124.jpg

lower leg
Photo123.jpg

Photo122.jpg

cod piece (in two pieces, top is the butt plate)
Photo121.jpg

Photo120.jpg

front view
Photo119.jpg

thigh
Photo118.jpg

Photo117.jpg

also, i have the other shin and thigh done, just thought it would be better to just show one figure you guys can get the gist :D

really nice armor! it will be epic! but the right shoulder (for me) it's a bit strange, anyway i will wait for more updates!

hey thanks! i do agree i feel that it sticks out too much, i can make it closer, the closer it gets to me however the more restricted my movement is. Ill tinker with it more at somepoint.

ok, i got the suit to a good place and went to anime boston with it! it was very fun, and i went with my friends who were ezzio from assassins creed and a brotherhood of steel knight from fallout 3. i cannot for the life of me figure out how to post the pictures themselves on here from facebook, so im just gonna put the link to my fb here.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1231296332#!/profile.php?id=1231296332&sk=photos

hope you guys enjoy the pics, i inspired my friends to make spartans and i am going to completely finish my suit this summer. Just a quick question can i resin/bondo over paint? my suit when its finished will look more similar to jorges armor also. Any input would be great!

Hey where could i buy some of the compressed cardboard to start the chest piece?

also did you do the pieces by eye or did you cut all the pieces out from pepakura first
and them trace them then glue them together?

I just want to know the best way to attack this

wow! thats some epic stuff for thick card, you though about how you are going to strengthen it, as the card may not absorb resin as well as thin stuff?

Hey where could i buy some of the compressed cardboard to start the chest piece?

also did you do the pieces by eye or did you cut all the pieces out from pepakura first
and them trace them then glue them together?

I just want to know the best way to attack this

I bought it at Jerrys Artarama near my house.

i did the entire thing by eye, and to correct myself, my friend found out the name of this material, it is called chip board. I was calling it compressed cardboard because that is essentially what it is. Another friend is going to use the chip board/tracing pepakura like you mentioned, and i think that would work wonderfully. I used hot glue just fyi. Overall i would say this method worked out well, becasue the chip board is so sturdy on its own i did not use fiberglass mat/cloth just the resin.

I think you have your security settings so that only friends can see pictures. Try uploading them to photobucket or flickr then posting links or embedded images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back