Reach Forearm Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloxxer

Hey there 405th! I’m just getting started with my first build, and I just finished my first print! I’m looking for a little advice. I can’t tell if this forearm I printed is massive and needs to be resized, or if it’ll be fine after some padding.

Attachments

• 2FDEEDAF-8F98-4566-B077-48F36C0A208A.jpeg
    2FDEEDAF-8F98-4566-B077-48F36C0A208A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
  • BD2D3D4B-A06B-4FE2-A49E-0A93FB6E30A6.jpeg
    BD2D3D4B-A06B-4FE2-A49E-0A93FB6E30A6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 155
  • B026D9AE-4CDF-4018-8A8F-F748F5F04C3F.jpeg
    B026D9AE-4CDF-4018-8A8F-F748F5F04C3F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
It looks like its been scaled well. Padding will help keep it in place and center it. I made my forearms a bit too big so when I bend my arm it hits the bicep armor. This isn't the biggest issue though as everything still looks fine and I can still move enough to manage simple tasks

It looks like its been scaled well. Padding will help keep it in place and center it. I made my forearms a bit too big so when I bend my arm it hits the bicep armor. This isn't the biggest issue though as everything still looks fine and I can still move enough to manage simple tasks
Ok, thanks! Another quick question. So I'm going to do some scaling on the bicep next. Should I expect a lot of space between my arm and the armor piece? It looks to be a pretty hefty piece in Armorsmith, even at 100% scale!

Ok, thanks! Another quick question. So I'm going to do some scaling on the bicep next. Should I expect a lot of space between my arm and the armor piece? It looks to be a pretty hefty piece in Armorsmith, even at 100% scale!
The MKVB biceps sit kinda low on the ingame spartans and are maybe 80-90% the total height of the forearms. Take your measurements more then you think you need to. Ideally the suit should look like it fits you. Screenshot_20210322-155543_Chrome.jpg This is a reference from one of TurboCharizard 's threads that I used for reference along with theater mode. I cheeped out and didn't use Armorsmith when I scaled my stuff and the biceps I printed look proportional but the bottom opening was a bit tight. I could fit my arm through no problem but bending caused the part to dig into me. I used Moe's files for these and ended up cutting off the lip around the opening. I measured where I thought it should sit on my bicep and to get its overall height and then measured (poorly) the opening and scaled the X,Y axis so I would fit in it. I've not done any sort of rigging or post processing on hardly anything but at least I know it fits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back