Reach Loadouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is kinda off topic but I keep on playing the same maps and I heard that if you vote (None of the Above) it shows more maps. But no one will vote for that.

Oh and I like to use the Airbourne or Scout.

DylanMarx said:
I know this is kinda off topic but I keep on playing the same maps and I heard that if you vote (None of the Above) it shows more maps. But no one will vote for that.

Oh and I like to use the Airbourne or Scout.

No, it's the same two maps. They will release the other two along with some more gametypes as the beta goes on. I think I heard they were going to release something new tommorow.

Last edited by a moderator:
They will release the other two maps later when they release the Invasion and Generator Defense gametypes.

Anyways, I'm starting to use Armor Lock a lot more. I figured, what kills me the most--grenades! So now I use the Lock to save me from the frags.

So far, this is the basic strategy that I've used, and it's served me quite well.

On Powerhouse:

I always stick with either Airborne or Scout. You have the most space to fly around, as well as ground to cover. Taking out people from the sky is just awesome, especially when you come down on them like death from above. :D

On Sword Base:

Stalker and Guardian are good choices. Mainly due to the fact that you can sneak around corners to assassinate people, and if you get cornered in a room, you can use armor lock to protect yourself from grenades, as well as use the EMP on your opponents to take out their shields.

Here is some other strategies based on game type:

*CTF/Stockpile/Objective: For Offense, I always go with Stalker and Sprint; it gives you a slight advantage over the team as they try to protect their flag/base from invisible and/or fast opponents. For Defense, Guardian and Airborne; gives you the advantage to take out flag runners from the sky and protect/return your flag with armor lock.

Well with me being an assassin, ive taken Stalker to heart, with the occasional scout for run and gun games like stockpile or headhunter.

I kinda hate the Airborne for powerhouse, too wide open to get shot down. But sneaking and getting the jump on someone brings a good rush.

SchizophrenicMC said:
I use Airborne and Guard almost exclusively.

Airborne is great because it gives you a massive altitude and speed advantage, if used right, and makes reaching objectives so much easier. (Note it makes objective games harder because you get used to your speed, which is hampered so severely when you have an objective.)

Guard is good if you're guarding an objective or your stockpile point. Someone lobs a grenade or 2 your way, just armor lock for half a second, let off the control, and start owning. Note, however, assault teams are often two-man. One armor locker will NOT repel 2 enemy Spartans. However, should you have 2 armor-lockers, you're set.

Tips and tricks:

When using the jetpack, don't just hold down the button. Ascend to a good altitude and airspeed, then use short bursts of jetpack, combined with momentum, to keep you airborne. This yields maximum airtime, and I've crossed Powerhouse on a single airborne trip.

The jetpack is useful for climbing stairways on either side of Sword Base.

On Sword Base, if you fall off a ledge, use the jetpack in a short burst just before hitting the ground to prevent damage.

On Sword Base, get the Plasma Launcher and fly above the ground, locking onto enemies, then firing 2-shot bursts.

Use armor lock in short bursts. You don't get the EMP, but it recharges quicker, and lets you get back into the fight.

The best way to use armor lock is to wait for imminent death, such as grenades lobbed into a room, then lock until the 'nades explode. Unlock and blast the sorry sons of bitches who just rained on your parade.

Also, the default controller setup SUCKS. Use Recon if you liked the Halo 3 setup at all. It remaps the buttons, so B is melee, RB is action, LB is armor ability, and X is grenade selection.

my Opinion: Armor Lock

hands down.

most people don't like it. but if you use is right, you can be the deadliest Spartan around.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it depends on what gametype.

For CTF, if I am defending the flag, I tend to use armor lock. I find it useful if the other team drops the flag, I start to return it and when I think it's close enough to being returned, I use the armor lock and I usually time it just right so that my armor lock doesn't run out before the flag is returned.

If I am capturing the flag, I like to use sprint at the start to hurry and get to the flag. If I die and a team mate grabs it, I will either use the jetpack or sprint depending on where the flag is currently at.

If it's slayer on powerhouse, I like to use the jetpack or stalker. If we are on swordbase, I like to use the jetpack mostly due to the multiple levels and it makes it quicker to get around.

I personally mostly use sprint and at times I use stalker. but I run up behind people and assassinate them. it's awesome

I only use the jetpack and armor lock. I use armor lock when playing slayer games as to lose less lives. I use the jetpack while playing headhunter or capture the flag. Basically while playing the objective games.

DOP.jpg

Seriously, if there IS a correct use for this, I have yet to see it. Ever. All it does is slightly annoy me before I kill the nublet using it.

DOP.jpg

Seriously, if there IS a correct use for this, I have yet to see it. Ever. All it does is slightly annoy me before I kill the nublet using it.

i agree the armor lock is useless because they just wait for you to runout of the powerup then they kill you.... for me its dropshield

Armor lock is terrible for 1-on-1. As you all know, all the oppenent has to do is time the grenade correctly. You can still use it a bit effectively though, as long as you don't just hold it down. If it's a quick burst to protect a grenade, immediately jump out of it, guns blazing, you should always get the element of surprise and can usually win a fight as so.

It's best used while running with a teammate. Invasion and multi-team work wonders. Sprint/active camo/ + armor lock = great team work. Armor lock is used as a distracton. especialy in a group since all the people around will be stupidly fighting over who gets to kill him. The other teammate can slip around and start seriously doing work. IF he does it correctly, he's fast, and you two actually communicate and coordinate effectively, and the flanker isn't 12 and actually knows what to do, by the time the others realize what is going on and start to turn on our teammate, your lock shouls just be running out. Now it's a crossfire, and you've turned a 6-on-2 into a slaughterhouse.

The main problem I see with 1-on-1 armor lock users is the use it for too long, or for wrong reasons, if you are getting swiss cheesed by an AR, armor lock is only gonna let him reload. Nothing you can do. If it's any kind of explosive damage, use it, and get out of it. The opponent will almost never be expecting it, and it you can time it to come out guns blazing, you have the fight almost won already.

Just my $0.02.

i agree the armor lock is useless because they just wait for you to runout of the powerup then they kill you.... for me its dropshield

You two willing to bet? I'll face you 2 on 1 with armor lock. I will destroy you. Its an armor ability on-par with all of the rest.

rocket +plasma launcher = sure death if your in a tight situation
with armour lock you can simpley let these explosives bounce of then take the noob who is h.e spamming out with a sniper round to the face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back