Props reach ma37 ar (my turn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwave343

hi readers who just so happened to stumble upon this thread! after seeing all the scratchbuilt ar's i though id take a shot at it. so 4 months ago i printed some pics and cut some cardboard and this is the outcome (which is admitadly crappy)
RIMG0056.jpg
[/IMG]
RIMG0058.jpg
[/IMG]
RIMG0063.jpg
[/IMG]
RIMG0066.jpg
[/IMG]
RIMG0057.jpg
[/IMG]
RIMG0067.jpg
[/IMG]
please feel free to tell me how crappy it is, after all the paintjob was done in hurry for a party tonight. but on the other hand also feel free to teel me that it is great. i really need someone to tell me its good. family all ways supports me in this field, just doesnt seem enough. lator

Hey man look... for what is is (cardboard) its a very nice scratch build... acctually all you need to do is touch up the paint alittle and you could have a nice gun on your hands... the outline of the gun is accurate, for the most part, and there is some nicely done details in it.

Could it use improvement? yes. But overall its a nice scratch gun. (if this party night is over i suggest going back and fixing some things and make it look REAL nice, instead of nice

thanks! party isn't for another few hours, so i might just have enough time to do a touch up. what would you suggest for the painting?

and a note for anybody with a keen eye:
yes, some of the details are wrong, including the clip,the ammo counter and a few more. those details are wrong because i used (unknowingly) a beta picture to create this. please don't diss it for that, that's four months of a 15 year olds basic skills in prop making.

Pretty nice man,

It's rly a good start. I did a cardboard BR55 not too long ago and i will admit that the materials are not easy to work with. The other thing i found is that a good paint job can do wonders and admittedly my paint job could have been better lol.

So anywho my point is that you have a great start here, you should maybe go back and just try and repaint and just take your time. Start by putting down a base coat (black) then tape off some of the base coat and then add the nxt layer (your light grey) this way you have given your weapon some dimension and after this you go in and start to just add detail paint and weathering.

Well that's my suggestion, hope it helped a bit. Your doing a good job, keep it up!!

thank you! now, to go get black spray paint.
(wheels screech) crap, there are 2 blacks, glossy and satin (more rough looking)
which one?

Ok well for my project i used a matte black (no gloss at all) and a gun metal silver/gray.

Here's the project. I'm not overly thrilled with it but maybe it can help you for reference...

2011-09-10_01-02-23_449.jpg

2011-09-10_01-02-05_726.jpg

i think that it looks great because you used cardboard and it is hard to make stuff with cardboard, good job man =D

zwave,

Thanx man, like i said i wasn't thrilled with it. Thats why when i did my second weapon I made it out of foam and was much happier with the results. So that may be something you could try, is foam as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back