Props Reach Nerf Assault Rifle -- Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love how the new line of nerf guns are lending themselves so perfectly for halo propping :). so far i have found great ideas to make SMG's, AR's, and sniper rifles all based off the nerf recon... and after seeing the newest nerf gun out, i can see it lending itself to halo sniper rifles REALLY well.

awesome work on the conversion so far man :)

O.T.

Rid3r said:
Great idea! I was wondering about the magazine though - how will you get it out of the gun to swap?

The spare mag in the stock? Or the actual magazine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Outlaw-Tiger said:
i love how the new line of nerf guns are lending themselves so perfectly for halo propping :) . so far i have found great ideas to make SMG's, AR's, and sniper rifles all based off the nerf recon... and after seeing the newest nerf gun out, i can see it lending itself to halo sniper rifles REALLY well.

O.T.

Ha, the Longstrike... I'm getting one of those purely for fun, despite the fact that I've almost graduated from high school.

Anyways, this looks like it could turn out freaking awesome... don't disappoint :p

Rid3r said:
The actual one in the gun, not the spare.

I was originally just going to keep it stock and build the details around it, but I'm thinking I might build an entirely new magazine well, to be a little thinner like it is on the actual model.

Thanks again for all the support guys. I really can't wait to get home and work on it some more. I'm prolly going home this weekend.

Outlaw-Tiger said:
i love how the new line of nerf guns are lending themselves so perfectly for halo propping :) . so far i have found great ideas to make SMG's, AR's, and sniper rifles all based off the nerf recon... and after seeing the newest nerf gun out, i can see it lending itself to halo sniper rifles REALLY well.

O.T.

personally, i think the longstrike looks more like something out of borderlands :sleep .

but i agree with you to, nice job on the conversation.

ginger

UPDATE!

At home this weekend and was able to get some more work done. I should be able to get some more work done tomorrow morning as well!

Using MDF to build a little box for the side details:

2010-04-02132456.jpg

2010-04-02132510.jpg

Used bondo to fill in the slot:

2010-04-02134154.jpg

2010-04-02134206.jpg

Cut some details out of Styrene...

(First time ever using styrene!!!)

2010-04-03152557.jpg

So here's what it all kinda looks together:

2010-04-03214425.jpg

Those little ramps will be sanded down smooth to be flush with the outside.

I'll be sure to get the stuff I do tomorrow up soon!

Took a few quick pics to see how everything looks when roughly assembled.

2010-04-04111332.jpg

2010-04-04111321.jpg

So tell me...starting to look like the AR yet?? ;)

When you mold this will it just snap into place if we already have a recon or will we have to do some work to attach it to a recon?

Texan2012 said:
When you mold this will it just snap into place if we already have a recon or will we have to do some work to attach it to a recon?

I'm hoping to cast the resin around the Recon... so there would be some work to be done. But mostly work I would do.

When I mold it and sell casts, I was going to have two different options:

You send me your Recon and I cast it and turn it into an AR or;

I buy the Recon, cast it, then sell it at a slightly increased price.

i would so get one.

question:if you make a few copies where would the shiping limitations be in relation to location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back