Reach: Skirmisher Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time no see 405th!
My next build is the Skirmisher. I started out by modeling the head, then peping it.
Headpepakurawip.jpg

The 'beak' was a bit too long, so I cut out some paper and shortened it. I'm currently sculpting the details on the head. Which will in turn be molded and cast in latex. The same will be done with the lower law and neck.
HeadScuptWIP-1.jpg

I also sculpted out some teeth and played around with their placement.
Tooth-Test.jpg

The rest of the suit is going to be a combination of foam armor, latex undersuit, and digigrade stilts (of which I just picked up the aluminum for.)

I've gotta say, this is the first time I've ever seen anything like THIS. It looks awesome so far. I'm definitely going to have to watch this thread.

It's been a productive day! Decided to get two of the leg pieces for the stilts cut out and shaped. They are cut from 6mm sintra, shaped with a heat gun to my leg.
2012-10-29195404.jpg

2012-10-29195619.jpg

I also got some more sculpting on the head done and I'm playing around with textures now.
2012-10-29195907.jpg

2012-10-29195925.jpg

okay one thing i need know is this a male or female, because one is harder then the other.

Dude, what are you talking about? We've never even seen a female Jackal aside from the books let alone a female Skirmisher..

oh theirs some on halo reach females have scales males have feathers, and i know i've seen a lot without feathers.

oh theirs some on halo reach females have scales males have feathers, and i know i've seen a lot without feathers.
Then I guess we've been fighting nothing but sexually confused skirmishers because they both have scales AND feathers.

Then I guess we've been fighting nothing but sexually confused skirmishers because they both have scales AND feathers.

well that would be the same for drone's, and grunts too. but i would like to know which he's going for. because i've seen some skirmishers on youtube that have been made and i'd have to say it's not easy.

well that would be the same for drone's, and grunts too.
Actually, no. All of the Coventant miliarty were male, aside from the occasional Female Kig-Yar shipmistress.

Done with with the discussion and going to be back on topic now.

okay just clear things up that's a male not female just change out the feathers for salces and you should be good.

@foxleader: Ok, who cares if the skirmisher is male or female. The point is that Moonwildflower is making a costume based on the picture, and not basing the character's sex on herself. Let it go.

@Moonwildflower: Great job on the sculpting, it's amazing what some people can do with clay. I've only seen a few people attempt something other than a human character, and only one successful jackal that I can recall. Builds like this are rare and brave. It will be pretty sweet to see a skirmisher! Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back