Reach Tux Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruze789

Sr Member
For anyone who hasn't been around long/ don't remember, I made an ODST tuxedo shirt last year for myself for the ODST midnight launch:

3921108749_e1d20eed4d.jpg

Thread Link:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/19647-Odst-Tux-Shirt

Which was inspired by the Master Chief tux shirt (hasn't been available for quite some time now):
3921114921_fe518e9f14.jpg

Well with Reach fast approaching I won't be making myself any armor again but hope to get a Carter helmet done in time. To accompany it I've been working on a new design. It's still in progress, some proportions will have to get dramatically altered to make it fit.
My goal is to get art done up for the default armor, Carter armor, and possibly a female version. I'll be doing this through a print-on-demand site this time, so I won't have to worry about making screens or anything myself. It will only be a 2-color print (black and gray) to keep the cost down. I'm aiming to get this wrapped up this week so I can get it uploaded and set up asap, so that shirts could be ordered and shipped by the Reach launch.

Now I've just gotta learn how to vector in Photoshop 7 in a hurry...

__NobleSixTShirtWIP.jpg

__NobleSixTShirtBlueWIP.jpg

Hey, awesome! I remember the ODST shirt fondly. Did you ever get around to selling those? I still want one, by the way. :p

I will also buy one of these. Liking the design so far, but I'm not sure about including the codpiece in the design, personally. I think it looks a little weird, and probably won't be in the right place depending on how the shirts fit on different people.

I agree about not including the codpiece. I'd say just stick with the chest and that top belly piece. But I'd definitely be in for one in gray. Would it have the UNSC logo and a name/number on it in addition to the lines (like Carter's name, or whatever)?

By the way, what print-on-demand site are you using? I'm always very interested in getting my own shirts printed, and I'm always eager to learn about new printing sites.

This is really cool Ruze! I've always loved the idea of Halo tuxedo shirts. If you happen to get the design finished and done with enough time, I would love a grey Noble Six one in XL, and of course, would be willing to pay.

I am very much interested in this. (though I don't quite like the cod piece) (Otherwise I might have to try and make my own lol)

Cheers!

OK looks like I'll take out the codpiece part of it... wasn't sure about it anyway, just put it in because it was on the Chief one.

@Flyerfye: No I never did make a final screen for the ODST shirt, but I could definitely revisit it after this one. Once I learn to vector in Photoshop it should be pretty easy to do it for the ODST, and I'll set that up at the same site as this one so they can be printed on demand.

@torsoboy: I'm not sure yet about the UNSC logo and names. It might take too long to figure out how to draw the logo, and I'm also trying to keep this a little vague to avoid being pulled for copyright purposes. Putting the logo and names on might push it a little...
I'm still comparing sites but it's down to Spreadshirt.com and Zazzle. I like the colors available on Spreadshirt, but I'm still looking at all the details.

And thanks for the kind words guys, I will be trying very hard to make this happen in time for us to get them before the midnight launch.

I had always wondered if you'd ever done a run of the ODST shirt.

I'd be interested in both, myself.

How's this one look guys?
This is as wide as it will go, which means this is the size on the shirt that it will be.

I am entirely open to criticism/ suggestions, so speak up now if you've got any. Trying to wrap this up ASAP so I can get them up for sale Mon/ Tue.

GrayShirtPreview.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back