Recon Helmet - 3d printed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtsen

Hey guys,
I am not exactly "new" here. I signed up quite some time ago and got into prop building because of Halo to begin with. I ended up doing some Iron Man builds but I was always itching to do some Halo stuff. My first one was the Halo 4 Soldier Helmet that I gave to a Buddy to finish because I ad absolutely too much on my workbench. After a while I got into 3d modelling and 3d printing and I ran into JTMs model of the Halo 4 Recon Helmet. I got the file from him a while ago and was off and on working on it myself. I added some more Detail and made the Visor and the back/neck detachable. My plan is to mold them separately to have a clear Visor and a rubberneck/lip to just slide the helmet on and have a tight fit. Here are some Pictures of what I have:

reconscene.png
reconfront.png
reconside.png
reconback.png

My reference for the changes was this:
recongear.jpg

It looks great but do you have a large enough 3d printer or are you going to print it in parts? (Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just want to know because it seems like a god idea to 3d print it).

That is not a stupid question. Actually the more cuts you have the more work it is to finish it later. I have a pretty big build plate so i should be able to print it without having to cut too many times.

That is not a stupid question. Actually the more cuts you have the more work it is to finish it later. I have a pretty big build plate so i should be able to print it without having to cut too many times.

What printer are you using?

I've been trying to hold out for a printer that can't print larger than the standard 10x10x12" volume, and I almost bought a Glacier Summit, but their return policy as horrible for something that costs $4K.

if you could give me a shot of the top of the recon helmet it would be amazing and helpful for me.
seriously I'm begging anyone that has the ability please take a picture from the top of a recon helmet.

I am using the Ultimaker 2 for this project. The build plate is huge but i still need to do some cuts.

Would it be possible to get this file for 3d printing myself?

Hey there, and welcome to the forums! A little tip for etiquette: if a thread hasn't been active in three or more months, please reconsider posting it it unless the post actually contributes to the thread at hand (for example, reporting broken links).

Otherwise: I doubt the file will be available, I'm afraid.

Good news ! \
I did a recon 3D print for Roxas s Embers for ECCC this year . Derrick did the Cad magic and I just printed it .
I would get in contact with her and derrick .
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back