Recon helmet (by belakor) scaling issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty Falco

So I finally finished the pepakura stage of this helmet, estimating the scale to be a height of 275 mm. When it was finally finished, it ended up way too small. So, I go back and actually measure my head. A height of 8.5 inches, with 2 inches added for padding. And converted, this turned out as 266.7 mm (smaller than the first helmet). Well, obviously something's wrong here. Anybody have an explination/ solution?

Much appriciated

I'm actually working on the version of BELAKOR Smoothed by Macattack64, i made the original pep scale on letter paper, so my helmet fibreglassed is

Height : 245mm
Widht: 300mm
Depth: 220mm

my head is 7.9 height and the helmet is small but the helmet looks too wide on relation to Height, but in not so big for my head, there's space for padding

Is the helmet actually too small, or does your head just not fit into the opening? The math you used looks right for scaling a helmet, so, for you, 275 should be a decent size. I've run into a few helmets that did not have a sufficient opening, so I had to widen it.

If the helmet is indeed too small, height wise, then I too am at a loss.

Yeah I guess it just must be the opening. I'm going ahead and trying another at 290 mm for height and I'll see where that puts me.

And @Herzleid: That helmet looks AMAZING. Hope mine turns out that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back