Red Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4k3001

can anyone advise on which shade of red looks best on halo armour? any help will be greatly appreciated, links to buy some if possible please thanks

any red that you think looks good will work but to be honest this may get locked because its a preference thing. no one can really tell you wat looks best. and just google red spray and im sure you will find a ton

yeah i was looking for the specific custom games red but i have failed to find the colour i want after wasting several cans =/

thanks was thinking about trying matt but couldnt find it in halfords or wilkos or B and Q =P btw does anyone know a cheap place i could buy it online?

I would suggest using Krylon paints. Will you be doing battle damage, weathring and blaking to item you are painting?

Ithica

im planning to definately do blacking and drybrush silver paint on for the battle damage, thought blacking and weathering were the same? thanks

Krylon's paints are always nice, as Ithica pointed out. I'd definitely suggest getting matte paint (but that's just my personal preference. Glossy paint ends up looking to plastic-like in my opinion).

As for getting the right color red:

Keep in mind that it's all about layering colors over one another to get detail/the right effect. If you start with a coat of black primer, that's going to affect whatever red you plan on using. Personally I'd get something a little darker/less vibrant but again, that's just my personal preference.

thank you very much for all your help guys kinda understand a bit better what red i want now =P my aim though is to get it as close to the custom games red as possible, ill post some pics soon of my armour so far

As someone who went with bright orange I can say, definitely go with matte I got gloss and it takes a lot of work to make it look right, it doesn't react as well to some of the primers, plus you have to let it sit for a lot longer before you can work with it. As for the red. I used Krylon Cherry Red.

Before weathering and damage:

IMG_1876.jpg

After:

IMG_1883.jpg

very nice lol ive been looking for krylon on the old tinterpipe but the shipping to england is more than the actual paint xD i think ill be looking for something more local

When you blacken the armor you darken the paint, make details stand out and make it look dingy. Weathering is when you use silver with a brush and stroke it. The battle damage is when you use vasoline and use a based coat of silver then the primary color then blacken it all to deepen the primary color and turn the silver to metal. It is a rather easy procedure.

Ithica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back