Red Ring Of Death Strikes Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas 56

I got the Red Ring of Death yesterday. :(

Unfortunately, my RRoD warranty expired last year so they want me to pay $100 to fix it. This wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't having some tough economical times right now.

I was surfing youtube earlier today and saw a couple methods for solving the problem permanently.

Do you guys know if any of the solutions are legit?

I need it working for the release of ODST! :eek

Roxas 56 said:
I got the Red Ring of Death yesterday. :(

Unfortunately, my RRoD warranty expired last year so they want me to pay $100 to fix it. This wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't having some tough economical times right now.

I was surfing youtube earlier today and saw a couple methods for solving the problem permanently.

Do you guys know if any of the solutions are legit?

I need it working for the release of ODST! :eek

A permanent solution to RROD? Hah! I don't think so.

Sorry man, I don't mean to be a downer or anything. Short of soldering everything back yourself with better quality materials, I don't think there really is anything to be done, permanent or not. Aside from all the horror stories that everyone's told, I had an excellent experience with microsoft's repair service, they had my xbox returned to me within less than a week, this includes shipping time and everything. I wouldn't pay $100 to have that exact service again, but I would pay if I had to. Just a suggestion. Best of luck, hope you get to play ODST right when it comes out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch, that's no good. The red rings describe... quite a lot of different problems with the box. There's no real way to check which problem you have. If your warranty is up, start fiddling and trying things. If that fails, send it in. And don't worry about breaking the warranty seals anymore, they won't matter anymore. And really, when you send it in for $100, they actually send you a whole new unit. As long as there isn't any physical damage to the box, they should accept it. Hope you can get it fixed without sending it in! (It takes 2-4 weeks to get back)

I'd know, I just got mine back from sending it in. : /

Sorry to hear that. I just read that the repair service was extended out to three years if you get red rings. For an addtional 100 you could get a new core system and just transfer your hard drive over but i know tough times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back