Red Ring Of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennedy Taylor

i know its sad but today i was playing my xbox 360 when all of the suden " THE RED RING OF DEATH" right in the middle of the boss fight in portal i mean could there be any worse time if anyone knows how to fix or help my xbox please tell me i need to finish. :( thanks

oooo, that sucks. i've had 5!!!!! 5!!!!!!!

I had a scare when i put the CD in wrong *unknowingly* and the red rings came up, but i just fixed the cd :D

xbox has a page all about it. if your problem persists, you SHOULD be able to send it in for them to make the repairs FREE OF CHARGE. of course, that depends on when you got your xbox. my cousin had one of the 1st gen ones, and they said that they wouldnt do it free of charge. they wanted to charge him $100.... there are also videos on youtube on how to fix your problem

my xbox red ringed late last year or early this year i cant remember, but i called microsoft n they said that it would cost me to repair it but i never got a bill and i got my xbox back :D go me

Check the serial number online and see if you can get a quote. If you're lucky it won't cost a thing. Microsoft extended the warranty to three years for red rings, but don't take my word for it, check online. I just sent mine in three days ago for red rings, initial quote was $0, but we'll see in a few days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back