Props RedvsBlue season 10 insurrectionist leaders tomahawk build (PIC HEAVY)(WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DH27

hey thugs and thugettes its Mr DH27 here with a build inspired by a character in rvb season 10
here he is
Elite_holds_axe.png

and i saw he had tomahawks which looked pretty awesome so i watched the episode and screen captured the tomahawk at different angles
tomahawk.jpg

tomahawk2.jpg

tomahawk3.jpg

tomahawk4.jpg

so i started with the handle
DSCN0744.jpg

then made the upper piece
DSCN0746.jpg

then i tested them to make sure that it can pivot on each other
DSCN0747.jpg

once i made the blade (pics coming soon) i fit it to the tomahawk to see how it looked
DSCN0748.jpg

by the way due to what comes next made this build extremely hard because in redvsblue his tomahawks fold up and i wanted to do that so every piece had to be a specific shape length and thickness for it too work
DSCN0749.jpg

as you can see it will collapse which means i have to get the piece to snap together when i pull it out so ill be doing that after bondoing hopefully tomorrow

I was looking for reference on that Tomahawk for quite sometime! Mind if I use 'em? :3 Awesome build going on here!

What are you going to use to lock the pieces in place? The hinges should be relatively easy, especially the way you made the pieces, but I don't see any kind of locking mechanism for folded/unfolded.

What are you going to use to lock the pieces in place? The hinges should be relatively easy, especially the way you made the pieces, but I don't see any kind of locking mechanism for folded/unfolded.

i actualy finished manual locking systems today but the force put on it when i flick it out may be good enough for spring systems

Awesome build, i'm glad that somebody else really liked that tomahawk. did you know that there is actually a real tomahawk like that, it's called a Kick axe
imgres

This is pretty awesome. I was totally just watching Red Vs Blue season 9 today and thinking to myself that some of their armor pieces looks awesome. Making one of their new weapons is a pretty cool idea. Do you have any plans of making some of the character's armors too?

i'm currently working on a axe such as this (with my own spin on it) in fusion 360 for metal, Wood, or 3d print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back