Props [release] Halo 3 Pelican

Status
Not open for further replies.
<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'>Do not send this model to people other than members of 405th.com. Maybe some people will, but if you have respect for me. Then you wont :)

Basically I only want this model to be used to make life models, I dont want people using it in other games without contacting me.

Always credit me for the model for any use! Thank-you.

Archive contains .obj and .3ds.</div>

Finished_Pelican_Edit2.jpg

Password: 405th

http://files.filefront.com/Halo+3+Pelican+...;/fileinfo.html

Info: The model is not 100% accurate. I noticed when I finished that my model is not as tall as the Halo 3 one. So keep that in mind when you use it for pep work.

This is beautiful..... *drool*

Good job on this as well as the rest of the stuff you modeled. I'll probably be using this to make an in-scale pelican with the mcfarlane figures.

Thanks, and I don't know when H3MT are releasing a map. I don't really bother with it all, I just model things and they use them Lol. I am working on my own map at the moment, will take a long time though because I am making everything from scratch, with a small team. And I am trying to make the map look HDish. The pelican is being unwrapped at the moment, then I will have two people texturing it and see which one is better.

:eek: (Slaps jaw shut) :eek: Dam you're good. How long did this take? Would have taken me forever, but thats becuse im lazy and easily distracted.

amazing job on the file... really detailed.

if anyone manages to unfold this properly, its still going to be one hell of a build.

do you think it would be possible for you to remove... like all the detail, make a pep friendly file... then people can detail it afterward?

Hey Hunter, that render looks superb! (The one in your sig). How long did that take to set up? You use 3DS Max, right? I'm told that rendering is a bit easier in that package than in Maya. Maya renders are very boring unless you take time to really work on them. I just don't know much about rendering when it comes to Maya, because I never needed to, but that makes me wanna do some research. By the way, the model looks wonderful. Superb work!

Shade

PS - By the way, how many polys are in that?

@MINZEZ; It took about 2 weeks, on and off work.I am also a really lazy person, and get distracted, so I was not working on it constantly Lol. And thanks :)

@DreadMullet; I don't know if I will have time to start removing all of the detail, I go college, and have my sociel life. Also have other models needing to be made. Sorry. Cant pep remove detail? Cheers for the support

@NightShade; 3ds max is really easy to make nice renders in, I personally don't like maya, mainly because I like making nice renders. The render in my sig is really simple.

The scene is setup like this:
pelican_setup.jpg

Skylight makes dark areas dark, and makes it look sort of like clay.
When you have a skylight in the scene it is called a clay render.
As long as you turn on Light Tracer in the Advanced Lighting options.
Render used default scanline render.

Also made this render with scanline, just added afew material settings and some effects to the camera.
hornet_render_1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Triangles: 8857
Polygons: 4403

Link, is the model okay for your needs?

Also, thanks for the support and saying thanks to me guys. As there have been 47 downloads and there sure hasn't been that many thanks Lol. Oh well.

I THINK SO AS WELL.

TYPING IN CAPS IS LIKE SCREAMING IN SPACE. NO ONES HEARS YOU.

Looks great as always Hunter! I'd love to see a studio scale of this beauty!

LastSpartan said:
TYPING IN CAPS IS LIKE SCREAMING IN SPACE. NO ONES HEARS YOU.
THEY DO IF YOU SCREAM LOUD ENOUGH!!! Sorry! Couldn't resist. I felt I had to answer that.

@ Hunter: I was one of those people that downloaded and didn't say thanks. Sorry about that! I would have done it earlier but I didn't look at the model until a few days ago. This model makes me want to make one. But looking at it in Pep makes me feel that I would spend most of my life trying to make it. I clicked the unfold button and nearly died just looking at it. It is going to take a Pep master to unfold this (or someone with a LOT of time on their hands). I will give it a go, but no promises that what I will end up with will be buildable. What a challange you have made for us all.

So... ... ... THANKS :D
Good to hear you are a lazy and easily distracted person too :lol:.

Last edited by a moderator:
WMHunterTLS said:
Link, is the model okay for your needs?

Also, thanks for the support and saying thanks to me guys. As there have been 47 downloads and there sure hasn't been that many thanks Lol. Oh well.

i wish that guy would get back to me would love to get this printed out

MINZEZ said:
THEY DO IF YOU SCREAM LOUD ENOUGH!!! Sorry! Couldn't resist. I felt I had to answer that.
THERE IS NO SOUND IN SPACE! NO AIR FOR THE WAVES TO TRAVEL IN. :p sorry

Back on topic:
Well that is a bad ass model.
I'm trying to learn 3d modeling but trying to do it from nothing but small tutorials its hard.
Well one day I will be able to my a beautiful model like that one.

Wow, very nice modeling, I'm really sorry for the nekro-post, but I'd love to have that pelican, the link is somwhat broken/ not correct. Could you post the link/upload the file again please?

Wow, very nice modeling, I'm really sorry for the nekro-post, but I'd love to have that pelican, the link is somwhat broken/ not correct. Could you post the link/upload the file again please?

Probably should have tried to send a private message to the OP rather than dredging up a thread that's been dead for over three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back