[Release] Halo Reach Assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaigeMaster

Jr Member
After a long time waiting and researching, I've finally managed to get my hands on a method for extracting Halo: Reach game-ripped assets. I've ripped most of the important stuff (armour parts and weapons) and I'll be ready to release shortly.

I plan to release the files in waves, so as not to over-saturate from the beginning, however, I want to make a few things clear before I do so:

• Armour, Honour, Unity - not profit. Please don't take these files and use them to make a profit from them - it's illegal, and pulls the rest of the 405th down. Using them as a point of reference for modelling is fine. Using them directly in props making is a grey area - I don't like it, but I realise that I can't stop people from doing so. Claiming the files as your own, or using them in profit-making ventures, and the entire community is going to come hunting for you. Don't risk our reputation for a quick dollar.
  • Please don't pester me if a file you want is missing. By all means, if you feel I've missed something then feel free to point that out, but more than likely I'll get around to updating the collection with what it is you're after, so I'd appreciate any errors or missing files to be pointed out politely. If this thread begins to degenerate into a mess of requests, I will request a lock and delete the entire database.
  • Following the above - be civil, and please read the entire topic before responding. Don't come in here expecting everything on a silver platter, and if you ask a question that could have easily been answered via the use of the Search bar or two minutes of research, I will report you. Spam isn't tolerated, not even from newbies.
  • Be patient. I'm doing this off of my own back, and I have other commitments. If you don't see a file, again, it'll likely end up here sooner or later. If it's not there at the moment, wait a while. If it's still not there within a few weeks, feel free to shoot me a message - I've likely overlooked it.

This release is by no means comprehensive. There are files I know full well are missing from this initial batch and those will be added later, with patch-notes included.

Release 24/11/2012: Base Helmets
Release 25/11/2012: Helmet Addons
Release 26/11/2012: Forearm Pieces
Release 27/11/2012: Knees
Release 28/11/2012: Shoulders
Release 29/11/2012: Thigh Additions
Release 30/11/2012: Spartan Chests
Release 1/12/2012: Weaponry
Release 2/12/2012: Texture files
Release 31/12/2012: Elite Character Models
More will follow soon.

Wow, thank you very much for sharing. That's some pretty cool stuff! I appreciate your efforts!
May I asked if you have any of the elite's armor? (This is not a request) It would just be nice to know if I just have to wait for you to release it or to look somewhere else. ;)

Wow, thank you very much for sharing. That's some pretty cool stuff! I appreciate your efforts!
May I asked if you have any of the elite's armor? (This is not a request) It would just be nice to know if I just have to wait for you to release it or to look somewhere else. ;)

Yes, I have it - but I'll be releasing it last, now that you so kindly pointed it out to me. Hope you don't mind waiting.

Another day, another update. Today it's the rest of the helmet files - specifically, the add-ons.

Like all of my files, these have been designed to be imported directly with one another into your preferred modelling program (I use Blender) without the need to re-arrange or re-scale.

example.jpg

Find the files HERE - the OP has been updated with the link also.

Could you add the texture with these files? Makes them so much better!
Short answer: yes. Any specific textures you were after?

Yes, we have the elite armour. Yes, I saw your request for the /permutation/ armour in the model thread.

I explicitly asked for people to NOT to pester or ask for files - especially since I said the files would be going up in stages, and that if you felt I'd missed anything, wait and then ask me. You couldn't wait, and so your reward for your impatience is that you can wait until I've done the others.

That goes for all future requests. Don't test my patience.
Paige? Play nice. Also, make sure you are getting enough sleep - otherwise you will be grumpy and get frustrated at things quicker.

Some people just wanted answers to questions - they weren't all requests.
Yes, there are members out there who seem to lack the ability to comprehend what you are saying, but continuing the attitude you have will not endear yourself to the rest of us.

The easiest way to go about this is to reply by saying: I will not be taking ANY requests. It takes time and effort to extract the models and fix all the geometry. I will release files at my own pace, and in any order I want - requests will only delay the release of the requested files.

Anyway...
whyyesthatwouldlooknice.jpg

Why yes, that would look nice on my wall...

On another note - @Paige - Have you had any trouble with the spartan permutations? Mine seems to be missing a lot of geometry when I try and export it.
I'm not even going to start on all the backfacing polys and open edges - that stuff is a constant nightmare at the moment.

Keep in mind that you're also not the only one with this toolset, and I can release things as well. It also means we can split the work load if necessary.

CJ

Is anyone else having the issue of half of the helmet additions crashing Pepakura, or is it just me?

Is anyone else having the issue of half of the helmet additions crashing Pepakura, or is it just me?

I just opened every single file of the helmet additions without any problems. So I'm afraid it may just be you.
Pepakura has problems opening large files with many faces. But these additions are some rather small objects. Try opening the files right after a fresh restart of your pc.

Back on topic. Is anyone else having the issue of half of the helmet additions crashing Pepakura, or is it just me?
I just loaded all of the additions into Pepakura and no crashing for me, all I can suggest is trying again or re-downloading the zip file.

I just opened every single file of the helmet additions without any problems. So I'm afraid it may just be you.
Pepakura has problems opening large files with many faces. But these additions are some rather small objects. Try opening the files right after a fresh restart of your pc.

I just loaded all of the additions into Pepakura and no crashing for me, all I can suggest is trying again or re-downloading the zip file.

Already done both of these suggestions, but now that I know it's just me, I can figure it out. Thanks.

Marvel At The Pretty Pictures

It's ok, I just had the meaning to ask if you could ad them. I wasn't asking or demanding for something specific this instance. I actually know you probably have to re bake every texture file there is. Since you import them. And possibly can't reach the assets themselves if you are using a script.
Depending on the settings used during extraction, UVW maps can be exported within the model. So when you apply the textures/materials, it is all setup based on the original.
I'm pretty sure the import script is magic.

that would look nice on my body ... ;)
...I don't know how to interpret that. I'm not sure if I want to either.

-------
RELEASE
-------
Note: None of these files are unfolded yet.
Included within each .zip
+Relevant geometry (.obj)
+Material/texture data (.mtl)
+Texture images (.jpg)
+Left and Right side geometry (where applicable)
Halo Reach: Elite body/undersuit
enano.jpg

Incl. Undersuit (sectioned), head, hands.
>>DOWNLOAD<<

Halo Reach: Elite - base permutation armour
ebase.jpg

Incl. Torso back, belt, handplate/gauntlet base, belt, thigh base.
>>DOWNLOAD<<

Halo Reach: Elite - Spec Ops armour
especr.jpg

Incl. Helmet, shoulders, torso, gauntlet, thigh.
>>DOWNLOAD<<

Halo Reach: Elite - Ultra armour
whyyesthatwouldlooknice.jpg

Incl. Helmet, shoulders, torso, gauntlet, thigh.
>>DOWNLOAD<<

That is all for today. I will finish the rest of the permutations tomorrow.
At this point I will not take requests. I will release whichever files I think are ready.
I work at my own pace.

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back