Remembering John117

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozensnot

The master chief has been gone for a little while now. Im very sure all of us on here are very well aware it:p. He has done some amazing things in his whole career. Im more or less talking about halo 1-3.The way im remembering the chief is im going to watch a video documentary of halo 1-2, which came with the legendary edition of halo 3. I will then be playing halo 3, co-op legendary style. I havent set a specific date yet. But it will be during late october or the weekend before halo 4 comes. I was also thinking about wearing my partial spartan armor while i play.

Anybody have any plans to remember the chief? It could be anything really.

start a viral campain to have the numbers '117' spray painted everywhere, it's like what they did to promote 'the amazing spiderman' movie. i know the idea sounds dumb but i'm just saying that it would be cool if everyone did that to remember the chief

I think I'll spend some time on the couch playing Halo 3 in my Agent Tex costume pwning noobs! LOL jk, I can't pwn noobs so well, but I'm still gonna play Halo 3 in my armor. :)

I'm just going to take a cold shower and meditate in my attic...

In all seriousness, imma gonna play the crap out of the first three games. Especially Halo 3, since it's my favorite.

I wonder, and yes I'll be getting some bashing for suggesting it here, if at the end of it all, we'll see his face. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it (like that he's still masked), but it'd be a sort of closure at the end of this new (trilogy?) game. Here's to John...and, like Tinkers, will def be replaying all the games to refresh the story in my mind.

I wonder, and yes I'll be getting some bashing for suggesting it here, if at the end of it all, we'll see his face. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it (like that he's still masked), but it'd be a sort of closure at the end of this new (trilogy?) game. Here's to John...and, like Tinkers, will def be replaying all the games to refresh the story in my mind.

Ha! You're right; you're probably going to get some flak for this. I seriously think that his helmet should stay on (and it probably will). Imagine if they had taken the mask off at the end of V for Vendetta. At this point, having never seen John's face other than when he was a child, whatever face they put on him will end up being a disappointment. It'd be one of those things where you would think "Yeah, now I know, but I kind of wish I didn't."

To prepare for experiencing Halo 4, I'm going to play through all the games in chronological order (again): Halo Reach, Halo CEA, Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 3. Now I know that ODST does not contribute much to the story of Master Chief, but there are aspects of that game that I love, and for me the franchise wouldn't feel complete without it.

To prepare for experiencing Halo 4, I'm going to play through all the games in chronological order (again): Halo Reach, Halo CEA, Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 3. Now I know that ODST does not contribute much to the story of Master Chief, but there are aspects of that game that I love, and for me the franchise wouldn't feel complete without it.
Don't forget Halo Wars!

I would also have to agree with carpathia on the master chiefs face. I would be let down as well. On another note, for me it would be like having link in the legend of zelda actually talking. I can imagine most(maybe) of us who have played halo imagine ourselves as the master chief. At least thats how i saw it. Although, with the new trilogy it will be more of master chief discovering himself.

Anyways, last night i finished watching my video documentary of halo 1 and 2. Jason Jones, Joseph Staten, and Marty O'Donnell make a killer team. listening to them talking about all the stuff they did, thought, and forgot gave me a newer sense of what means to be a halo fan.

Halo 3 here i come.

Don't forget Halo Wars!

I've honestly never completed that game. It's nothing against Ensemble Studios, the game or the story, I can't get past the "RTS game on a console" thing. Real time strategy games belong on a computer IMO. I probably never will complete it. :(

well i've been re-reading all the books trying to piece together what his record in halo 4 is going to say, and what his last name is. other then that i've been playing reach and halo wars every night trying to get as high as i can on duffcluty and firefighting on reach man its been one heck of a run.

I just finished up First Strike and will be starting Glasslands soon. Lastly, since I still got time to kill before the release, I'll hit up the Forerunner saga so its still fresh in the brain when launch comes around. Its pretty cool to get a feel of what the Chief thinks during missions.

I just finished up First Strike and will be starting Glasslands soon. Lastly, since I still got time to kill before the release, I'll hit up the Forerunner saga so its still fresh in the brain when launch comes around. Its pretty cool to get a feel of what the Chief thinks during missions.

you should read thursdays war it's got bits of what halo 4 is about and lasky is in it.

I have been playing all the halo games on legendary start to finish Halo 1, 2, 3, wars, odst, reach. Ok quick question to the group what is the most antisipated aspect of halo 4 for you.
and if you could have any skull in halo 4 what would it be. ( I want them to bring BANDANA back)

I've been playing Reach and Halo 3 while working on my Halo3 MC suit (almost done just have to finish the helmet) will be done for the release. Also been watching Forward Unto Dawn over and over wishing they would make a movie since it's awesome as a web series!

I've been playing Reach and Halo 3 while working on my Halo3 MC suit (almost done just have to finish the helmet) will be done for the release. Also been watching Forward Unto Dawn over and over wishing they would make a movie since it's awesome as a web series!

then wait for dec 6 and walk into a walmart and see what new DVD they have

I know, but that's not a new movie though that's just the web series and it already comes with the limited edition of H4. I want them to make a full length feature film that goes to theaters and such

Depending on the reception of FUD (which seems to be amazing so far), they might actually do it. Look at the view count they have been getting on youtube...

Depending on the reception of FUD (which seems to be amazing so far), they might actually do it. Look at the view count they have been getting on youtube...

I know and when you think that they don't get paid with those videos (influencing halo sales yea but not directly, minus ad space). So it'd be a win for the fans and a win for the producers since they'd be making bank and we'd all be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back