Removable Commando UA Attachment ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drednought08

Salutations 405th, I believe this to be my second thread. The first being many moons ago with my first pep of a reach AR. I did not finish that but recently started a Commando helmet by Ruze789 along with a UA attachment for the Commando helm also by Ruze789.

The pepping of the helmet is just about at an end and the visor is close to completion. I didnt really plan on posting progress here as it is on and off with work, but I have a question that I wish to pick the brains of the intelligent 405th community. Heres where Im at with my peps.

100311194501.jpg

The visor obviously unfinished, but heres how they look loosely together.

100311194537.jpg

Now heres my predicament. Upon completion of this helmet I plan on making a mold of it to cast more out of plastic.

Now I really like the look with the visor, its what I planned on doing the whole time. Now I'm wondering if I should finish it without the visor, make a mold of that, then add the visor and make another mold. So I can have both options.

But would it be too much work to attach the visor after bondo, I suspect Id have to cut away some to properly attach it. Or should I take a mold of the visor separate and make it so it can attach separately. Any ideas how to make it attachable like that? Any other ideas about how to try and get away with not having to make a whole other helmet?

If I was to build this I would bondo and finish the helm and make the visor to fit it then that way you know it will fit the finished product. Mold them both separately and use a couple of magnets to hold it on. That way you can pop the visor on and off when ever you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back