Republic Commando

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished assembling it. This is what it looks like. I really like the finished product.

1105092139.jpg

The visor looks thin, and it is, however, it is plenty wide enough to be able to see through. It gives a similar view to the one in the game.

wow man thank's, i was looking for this pep for more than a week,

here in colombia there's not too many people dedicated to this art

and for me the rc files are not an option because the dif between

the dollar and the local currency is the double :(

once again thank's :D

pd: sorry for my rusty english

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I'd highly recommend Skip's files. They may cost a few bucks, but in the end it will save you twice as much in bondo.

Well I do not have a few bucks to spend over the internet. If I have to modify MJOLNIR and standard clone armor then so be it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the skip files and assembled the entire thing and id have to say that its good but the helmet has a few problems with it, its a good build but the visor is a little messed up and the chin is way to far out, Not trying to step on any toes or anything. I can see that he was just following the blueprints he was working off and even when i was assembling it i was happy with it but once i was finished it just didn't look right.

Edit: with your permission id like to give a go with your file and tweak it a bit to get it a little more accurate.

Volgon said:
I finished assembling it. This is what it looks like. I really like the finished product.

1105092139.jpg

The visor looks thin, and it is, however, it is plenty wide enough to be able to see through. It gives a similar view to the one in the game.

I can vouch for the good visibility of the visor, I have a "Boss" RC bucket (as seen in my avatar) and Its got brilliant visibility. Hope to see some more pics of this build! :)

Awsome man!! I've wanted to make this helmet in the past , but could never find a good file. I can't wait to see what you do with this helmet. Thanks again .

Jacob

well i went over it and fix some stuff, tweaked the visor and the shape of the dome, added the ridges on the back and did an unfold of it, if anyone wants it ill post a link for it

RCredo.jpg

Zacic said:
well i went over it and fix some stuff, tweaked the visor and the shape of the dome, added the ridges on the back and did an unfold of it, if anyone wants it ill post a link for it

RCredo.jpg

Looks nice, but I think you might want to smooth it out for those who are pepakura-impared (I would do it, but I don't have a key)

Zacic said:
alrighty, guess I didn't mess it up too bad :D , so if you want it you can snag it from here rcbucket redo.pdo

Edit: not quite sure what you mean there Volgon about smoothing it, like making it higher detail?

Go to Settings> Other Settings and check Hide Fold Lines Almost Flat. I usually set the angle to about 160. It eliminates a lot of the unnecessary folds and makes everything smoother once assmebled. Anyone can do this before they print it, though.

Remraf said:
Go to Settings> Other Settings and check Hide Fold Lines Almost Flat. I usually set the angle to about 160. It eliminates a lot of the unnecessary folds and makes everything smoother once assmebled. Anyone can do this before they print it, though.

Not everyone has designer (even the trial) and a lot of people, even if they DO have designer, don't know about it or how to do it (as was just made obvious). It would just make things simpler if the download was smooth.

Volgon said:
Not everyone has designer (even the trial) and a lot of people, even if they DO have designer, don't know about it or how to do it (as was just made obvious). It would just make things simpler if the download was smooth.

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOREVER!!!! THANKS GUYS

Remraf said:

Thank you Remraf, that is a very good tip for a noob like me. Made the build a lot easier to.

Kinjo said:
Thank you Remraf, that is a very good tip for a noob like me. Made the build a lot easier to.

No problem. It's something I wish I would have known during my early builds and would have saved me a lot of frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back